Chapter One

BOOM!

I spin around towards the sound, I'm met with a flash of blue and a cloud of dust. Gojo. I think with a smile, he always goes overboard.

Turning away, I continue to jog towards the edge of the veil we put up before we started the mission. It was Geto's job this time so a white veil conceals the area from civilians' views and keeps anyone from wandering into the danger. That's our job, to exorcise curses and protect the innocent people who can't see them, that's what all of us jujutsu sorcerers believe and what we dedicate our lives to.

Near the edge of the veil, I spot the bony, lion-like curse prowling around. It paws at the veil and hisses when the veil burns it's paw slightly. Using my cursed energy, I form a small, intricate dagger and pull my arm back to throw it.

It lands directly next to the curse, I grin. Nice. With a click of my fingers, I disappear and reappear in my dagger's place, next to the curse. Immediately, the creature snarls at me and it's body begins to stretch up until it's a couple feet taller than me, it's bones click and scratch together as it uses this technique and I shudder slightly, it's not a pleasant noise.

Overall, the curse doesn't seem that strong, I'd be surprised if it were anything stronger than a grade 3, I should be able to take it out easily. Conjuring another of my daggers, I leap into the air and slash at the curse's face. With a bony limb, it tries to bat me away but I tuck underneath it's arm and bury my cursed dagger deep into it's chest. Before it even has time to let out it's strangled scream, I've dug another dagger into it's throat.

Slowly, the grade 3 begins to disintegrate and I let my cursed daggers vanish again as my cursed energy used to form them fades. That was easy enough.

According to Yaga, there are only supposed to be four curses here, I've just exorcised one, Gojo has most likely exorcised whichever one he was fighting and Geto has probably exorcised the one he went to find. That means there should be one left.

I create another dagger and throw it as far as I can into the distance, using the cursed energy it's made of to search my surroundings and propel it further away. After a moment, my dagger stops flying through the air and lands in the dirt a long distance away from me and I can no longer see it. Nothing. I didn't sense any more curses.

"I've already killed it," a familiar cocky voice drawls out behind me, "Ages ago, I beat you to it."

I roll my eyes but still smile as I turn to face one of my best friends, Satoru Gojo, "Of course you did."

Gojo, grinning as widely as ever, pulls his circular sunglasses away from his eyes for a moment, I'm hit with a startling blue, "Is someone jealous?" He teases.

"No, I'm not jealous. It's not my fault you're a try-hard."

Acting hurt, he holds a hand to his heart, "I can't believe you'd say such a thing."

I smile at him before scanning the area, the white veil that Geto put up is fading away slowly and the blazing midday sun reappears in the sky, he must have realised that all of the curses have been exorcised. Only a moment afterwards, Geto appears from behind a small cluster of trees, a black sphere in hand. Another curse for him to absorb.

"Suguru!" Gojo calls in his usual excited tone as he strolls over to Geto and wraps an arm around his shoulder. Geto raises his eyebrows but smiles at Gojo nonetheless, holding the curse in his hand still.

While the two chat, I pull out my phone and flip it open, a few messages from Shoko pop up on my screen and a message from Haibara does too. Opening messages, I read through the texts.