Chapter Eleven

What?

No.

That has to be a lie.

Some sort of sick joke.

He wouldn't.

No.

I don't believe it.

I won't believe it.

"No, you're lying," I say, shaking my head rapidly.

"What?" Gojo says, his blue eyes are wide and full of disbelief too.

"Don't make me say it again," Yaga's face is tight, as if he's struggling to process this too, "Suguru fled after killing every resident in that village."

"I heard you. That's why I said 'what'. Suguru wouldn't do that."

I nod in agreement with Gojo, "Exactly, you have to be wrong., There's no way-"

"I wish I was wrong," Yaga continues, "Suguru's parents' home was vacant as well. However, from the blood stains, it seems he might have done the same to his parents."

Gojo's jaw trembles and he hears this and he yells, "No way!"

"How do you know it wasn't the curse there that did that?!" I shout, refusing to believe anything that Yaga is saying.

"We determined that it was Suguru's residuals left at each murder, he used his curse manipulation technique," Yaga sighs and cover his face with his hand, "Satoru, Y/N, I also don't know what's going on."

Fuck. I noticed that Suguru had been changing. I should have done something, said something, anything. I hadn't realised that it has been this serious. I hadn't realised he'd spiralled this far. Why did he do it? No. He didn't do it. I refuse to believe it. There must be some sort of misunderstanding. I'm sure that if we find Suguru he'll explain everything and how we've got it all wrong.

Gojo's face is twisted in hurt and confusion and I hear a few drips against the wooden floor. When I turn back, there's a small splatter of blood on the floor that has dripped from Gojo's hand. He's clenched his fists so tightly that his nails have pierced his skin.

Yaga sighs deeply before walking away back towards his office, leaving me and Gojo to process this information.

Gojo is staring forwards, unmoving, unblinking, as if he's not even in the room. His face is still twisted in hurt and shock and he's still clenching his fists tightly.

"You don't believe this right? Y/N?" he asks, turning towards me. His voice is full of disbelief and denial and his hands are shaking slightly.

I shake my head, "I don't want to believe it."

"Don't then," his voice sounds more confident than he seems to currently feel, "It has to be a misunderstanding. We just need to find Suguru and he'll tell us what really happened."

"Satoru...what if he did do it? We know he's been acting weird lately," I sound unsure and worried as I speak, and my expression has turned to one of worry and uncertainty.

"If he was struggling that much he surely would've spoken to us! ...surely."

I don't reply, I want to believe that Geto really is innocent. I want to believe it so badly that it hurts. But I can't even convince myself that he didn't do it. How did we not notice what was going on with him? I should've done more when I'd noticed he hadn't been sleeping or eating.

"You actually think he did it. Don't you?" Gojo sounds even more hurt as he realises this, "You really think that our best friend would kill 112 people?! Including his own parents?!"