Chapter Fifteen

29th March 2017

I've been behind on all the reports I'm supposed to be reading at the moment but Gojo's been making a huge fuss over some incidents that happened in November and apparently the Higher Ups are going to get involved soon so I need to read the reports.

I'm laying on my bed with the reports spread out in front of me. At the moment, I'm the only person inside the apartment. Gojo's out on a mission and Megumi had walked in after school, claimed that he was going out with some friends and immediately left again. Whatever. He's just being a grumpy teenager, grumpier than usual though, but I think that's to do with Tsumiki. We still haven't made any progress with breaking that curse and bringing her back from her coma state.

I slowly pick up the crumpled report in front of me and begin to read the text.

'Tokyo, 21st November 2016'

'Four students, including the ringleader, suffer severe injuries in response to their persistent bullying behaviour.' Sounds like they deserved it, I think bitterly before reminding myself that they're still kids.

'These students appear to have been the victims of Yuta Okkostu, a 15 year old boy from Funibashi High School. Okkotsu is believed to possess a powerful curse named 'Rika' however, he seems to have no control over said curse. The students' bodies were found in a locker in a school classroom, disfigured and mutilated. Fortunately, none of the four students involved are deceased, but they did however, sustain severe injuries and are still currently hospitalised and will be until further notice.'

'Rika seems to be a curse created to protect Okkotsu and therefore, anybody acting with the intent to harm him is ending up mutilated, or worse, by Rika. Yuta Okkotsu is believed to be incredibly dangerous and is currently being investigated by the Higher Ups. No official decisions have been made but at this moment in time, the possibility of a secret execution is seeming highly plausible.' Poor kid, from the sounds of it, it's not his fault that this is happening. That's probably why Satoru's been so insistent that I read these reports now that the Higher Ups are getting involved.

Underneath all of the writing, are several pictures of the bodies of the high-schoolers. As described in the report, their bloodied and mangled and to be honest, I'm surprised that none of the four teenagers were dead. There's more information on Yuta and the high-schoolers below too.

From the sounds of it, Yuta's a particularly quiet and nervous kid, I highly doubt that this incident, or any of the other's reported, were on purpose or by Yuta's choosing.

I read through all of the reports before texting Gojo.

Y/N: i read all of those reports 17:12

Gojo: u see why i was so invested in this case then????? 17:13

Y/N: yeah, it doesn't sound like any of this was yuta's fault 17:13

Gojo: tell the higher ups that 17:13

Gojo: gakuganji said that he thinks yuta has 'murderous intent' 17:14

Y/N: help what. to me yuta seems like a confused kid 17:14

Gojo: exactly. that's why i'm not going to let them execute him. i'm going to take him in as our 4th first year 17:15