Chapter Two

I swing shut the car door as we arrive back at the school, Gojo slides out after me and Geto clambers out the other side.

"Thanks for the ride," I say to the driver through the open car window as I walk past, he responds with a thumbs up and a feeble smile.

Only moments after we exit the car, he reverses the car and begins driving away from the school, he's not a particularly chatty driver and doesn't like to linger around the school in fear that someone may try to talk to him. And by someone I mean Gojo or Haibara, Gojo never shuts up and is usually being obnoxiously loud and somewhat rude and although friendly, Haibara is never quiet. I actually think the driver is quite nice and I appreciate the silence when I'm being driven to a solo mission and want to minute to clear my head and prepare myself and I think he likes me because I make no effort to speak to him. He likes Geto too, when he's not with Gojo that is. By himself, Geto is actually quite quiet and nice it's spending time with Gojo that makes him louder.

As the three of us walk across the school campus and towards the dorms, I hear a yell from the training grounds, "Hey guys! Over here!"

When I glance over, I immediately see Haibara stood there, waving us over, Shoko is stood behidn him and turns to wave at us as well, not quite as enthusiastically though. Nanami is also stood there but he doesn't even turn in our direction and looks as grumpy as usual.

We make our way over to the training field, Gojo is still carrying the massive bag of sweets and Geto has his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Why were you lot gone for so long?" Shoko asks with a smile and a cigarette between her fingers, "You're usually a bit faster than that."

"Satoru wanted to buy sweets," Geto answers, pointing at the carrier bag full of packets of sweets with an entertained look.

"Oo what did you get?" Haibara bounds over to Gojo and looks through the bag with enthusiasm. Gojo shoves the bag into his hands with a grin and saunters over to where Nanami stands, his resting glare on his face.

Gojo gives Nanami a joking pat on the head which only causes Nanami's glare to sharpen and for him to bat away Gojo's hand, "How rude of you!" Gojo acts offended although he's clearly trying to wind Nanami up.

"Just ignore him Nanami," I grin. Nanami's glare somewhat softens and he gives me what is probably his idea of a smile but looks more like a grimace.

"That's what I always do," he mutters under his breath, causing Gojo to let put a loud laugh which leads to Nanami rolling his eyes and wandering back over to Haibara.

A forehead rests against my back and I turn around to see Shoko leaning her head against me, "I missed you too," I joke.

"I'm tired, I've been training, give me a break."

I raise as an act of peace, "I never said anything."

A second later, a packet of sweets smacks me in the face and I turn to see Gojo and Geto in a fit of laughter as Geto has just lobbed them at my face, "What was that for?!"

"I thought you were supposed to be able to sense danger and shit," Gojo mocks with a teasing grin.

"Well, yeah, but I don't think a packet of," I pause to read the label, "Haribos is particularly dangerous."

"I mean it must be if it can hit you," Geto laughs, "Maybe that's what curses should use to fight you."

Even Shoko and Haibara are giggling slightly now, Nanami still looks as bored as ever though and already looks like he wishes Haibara hadn't dragged him here.

I roll my eyes but I have to fight to keep the smile off my face. Pulling my arm back, I lob the packet at Geto been as he was the one who threw it at me but because he sees it coming he catches it easily.