Chapter Seven

"We're finally back at Jujutsu High," Geto says with a smile.

Riko is grinning widely but I don't miss the anxious look in her eyes, the merger is probably starting to feel more real no that she's actually here. Kuroi is smiling at Riko too but there's a hint of sadness in her smile, she knows she's about to have to say goodbye to Riko for good.

Gojo has an irritated look on his face and looks tired but at least he's finally released his technique now that we're behind the school's barriers and we're safe.

"I think we did a pretty good job," I grin at Geto and we high five.

"And thanks for working so hard on this mission, Satoru," Geto adds, to anyone else his tone doesn't sound that sincere but Gojo and I both know that he means this and is actually grateful.

"I don't want to do anymore babysitting though," Gojo grumbles and I'm about to make a comment about him actually enjoying it when a sharp blade pierces Gojo's chest from behind.

My mouth immediately falls agape, Geto's eyes widen, Kuroi looks incredibly shocked and Riko lets out a startled squeal. Gojo's eyes widen in pure shock and pain but manages to remain fairly calm considering the situation.

Behind Gojo, is a muscular man with black hair and a scar by his mouth, he appears to be in his 20s, there's a cruel smile on his face as he holds the sword that has pierced Gojo's chest.

Sweat is forming on Gojo's face as he tries to appear confident and smile back at the man but his smile is nervous, "Do I....know you from somewhere?"

"Don't sweat it, I'm not the type to remember some dude either," the man replies, still grinning in a cruel manner.

In the same moment, Geto summons one of his huge curses and send it at the man and I form 20 of my cursed daggers and the fly at the man too. Kuroi puts a protective arm around Riko and steps back away from the chaos.

To avoid our attacks, the man pulls his sword back out of Gojo's chest, causing to Gojo to lean forwards in pain slightly.

Though he manages to dodge my daggers, the man lets himself be swallowed by Geto's curse with confuses me. Who is this guy?

"Satoru!" Geto dashes forwards to help Gojo but Gojo just hold his hand up.

"It's fine. I'm fine," he grins up at me and Geto, who are both looking at him with concern, "I didn't cast my technique in time but he didn't hit any vital organs. And I reinforced my cursed energy to make sure it didn't do any further damage."

Gojo never fails to amaze me with his fast reactions and just his overall abilities, "Really, I'm fine. Amanai is the priority. You two should get her to Tengen."

He's started calling her Amanai again now that she's about to be merged, I realise although I'm not sure why it matters.

"But what if you need help," I protest.

"Please, when have I ever needed help?" he cockily asks.

"Don't let your guard down," Geto instructs.

"Who d'ya think you're talking to?" Gojo pulls of his sunglasses and looks over at where Geto's curse is jolting now.

I'm almost tempted to make some joking reply but I don't, me and Geto begin to lead Riko and Kuroi quickly inside to where we'll be able to take Riko to Tengen, the man has just sliced Geto's curse open from the inside. He grins madly, a new sword in his hand and a worm-like cursed spirit wrapped around his shoulder. Where did he get that from? Who is this guy?

We've ran to the school's entrance and we're a distance away from Gojo and he's out of our sight not.

Geto has a worried look on his face but enters the school anyway after ushering the other two in, I'm about to follow after but I stop.