Chapter Twenty-One

21st February 2018

Suguru has been dead for 59 days.

Part of me has been dead for 59 days.

Gojo's been gone for 37 days. He's on a mission in America to exorcise two special grade curses. He's taking longer than usual. Usually he'd be back by now, but it's been over a month. But, if I'm being honest, I think that he's trying to avoid coming back to Tokyo for a while. Avoiding coming back to the place where he killed Suguru. But I'm still starting to worry.

Megumi's joined Jujutsu High as a first year and he's moved into the dorms but he still comes home to the apartment at the moment. I think he can tell that I don't want to be alone. He still doesn't know exactly what happened but he's managed to figure out that Geto had been important to me and Gojo.

I've been teaching the students by my self, while Gojo's been gone. Supervising most of their missions. I've been supervising all of Megumi's missions since he joined the school, I worry about him a lot. I know he's strong but the idea that he could be hurt or dying and I wouldn't even know makes me feel sick, he's like family to me. And on top of all of this, I've still been getting sent on solo missions. I'm tired, I've not slept properly since that day.

I'll start getting better soon though....I hope.

"Keep running guys, you've still got 2 more laps," I say, from where I'm stood by the track. Maki, Toge and Megumi have been running laps so that they can build up both their speed and endurance. Because Megumi is the only first year at the moment, I've been training him with them as well. There is supposed to be a girl joining in the summer though, her admission has already been accepted and she's going to move to Tokyo from the countryside.

Panda's not joining in, he's just watching from the side, as a cursed corpse, I don't think he can gain much speed or endurance. And Yuta is in Kenya at the moment, Gojo sent him to train with a sorcerer that he fought during the Night Parade of a hundred demons, called Miguel. He was one of Geto's curse users. So Maki's returned to her usual harsh self, at least she's a bit nicer when Yuta is around.

After a minute or so, Toge and Maki finish running and slow to a stop, they're out of breath but overall they don't look to exhausted. They're improving quickly. Last year I would've taken them longer and they would have had to take a long break afterwards, "Good job, take a breather and then we'll get onto some combat training, Panda that includes you."

While the three of them chat, I return my attention to Megumi, who is still finishing his laps. I probably should have given him less than the second years but he glared at me when I suggested it.

"Come on Gumi, one more lap," I yell in an encouraging tone, glancing down at the timer in my hand.

He just shoots me a glare as he continues to jog around the track. After another minute, he finishes his run, out of breath and red in the face, sweating a lot too, and grumbles at me "I told you to stop calling me Gumi."

"Aw but why? I've been calling you Gumi for ten years," I grin at him.

He rolls his eyes and sits down on the steps leading up to the school to catch his breath, I toss him a bottle of water, "Sit out of the combat training, have a rest."

Then, I turn back towards the second years, "Alright, you've had a long enough break. For combat training, Toge and Panda you two fight. Maki you can fight me, I'll go easy on you," I give her a smile.

She just crosses her arms and rolls her eyes before wandering over to the room full of weapons to pick one.

"Toge, Panda, you two can either practice hand-to-hand combat or try with weapons, up to you."