Chapter Ten

I form several of my cursed daggers and fling them forwards, they lodge into it's chest.

I'm using a training dummy to practise and improve the control I have over my daggers, Shoko, Gojo and Geto are here too. But Nanami and Haibara are away on a mission, they're supposed to be taking down a grade 2 curse, they should be able to do that.

"Seriously, I can keep it up all the time now, try and throw something at me," Gojo says to the three of us with a cocky grin. He's been practising keeping his infinity up at all times, he's literally untouchable. We really are too far behind to catch back up now.

Shoko and Geto both lob pencils and erasers at Gojo but they slow down as they reach him and fall so the floor.

"Ack, what was that?" Shoko exclaims.

Gojo laughs and picks up the pencil and eraser, "What I used to do manually I can now do automatically. And it's not just the intensity of cursed energy, but it's mass, speed, shape... I can use them all to distinguish the danger of the object."

"It would be nice to eventually distinguish poisonous objects as well, but that'll take time. Right now I can almost always keep the limitless activated at all times while using minimum resources."

"All the time?! You'll fry your brain!" Shoko yells in shock.

"I'll also have reverse cursed technique running at all times to preserve myself," he taps the pencil against his head, "A fresh brain at all times."

Shoko stares at him with shock, Geto looks at him as well but he looks tired and he's a lot quieter than usual. His hair's grown long and his eyebags are pronounced and he's gotten a lot thinner.

"We get it you're amazing Satoru," I say with a smile, summoning another dagger and throwing it into the target's head.

Gojo grins, "Try throw one of your daggers at me."

I'm about to protest but if he is right and his infinity on at all times it won't hurt him. Summoning one of the daggers I control it so that it flies towards Gojo's chest. It also stops before it hits him and clatters to the floor before I let it disappear.

"See?" he smirks.

I shrug, "Impressive."

"I've also managed to minimise the amount of necessary hand signs. Simultaneously activating mutlipel Reds and Blues respectively is coming along as well. Other than that I have to work on my domain and long-distance teleportation techniques."

Satoru has become the strongest.

We finish up our training and as I'm leaving the training grounds I hear Gojo speaking to Geto in a concerned voice, "Are you okay Suguru? Have you lost some weight?"

"It's nothing, I'm just a little tired because of the summer heat."

The same excuse as the one he gave me at the arcade.

I continue to walk away from the training area and I pass a pond as I do so. It's still and the water doesn't move at all, there's no breeze and the heat is almost unbearable, I've had to buy a new short and vest sets to train in.

The water ripples ever so slightly as a small white fish breaks the surface with it's fin.

I ignore the pond and walk back towards my dorm.

__________

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!

I sleepily reach for my phone. It's the middle of the night, why the hell is someone calling me? Probably just a misdial.