Chapter 10- Howling At The Moon

VOTE, COMMENT AND ENJOY!

This is dedicated to Cris_genesis because she made me the cover I put to the side! I absolutely love it!

Howling At The Moon

  Today was Ansel’s birthday. He hasn’t gotten any presents so far but I know we all got him one. We are all just waiting for the perfect time. We told him that he should go and chill at the campsite on the edge of town for the night and we would cover for him.

  That was an entire lie since we all snuck out half an hour after him. Lucas and Cameron dared Faye and I to wear dresses and since I wanted to get a good 50 dollars out of it, I threw a long white dress over some skinny jeans and a singlet top. I can’t have them seeing that I’m not exactly wearing what I said now can I?

  Faye took my advice and wore a singlet top underneath her dress as well and made sure her skinny jeans resembled tights. They didn’t suspect a thing.

  I clambered out of my window with my hair tied up in a gorgeous French plait. My side fringe was even up in the plait so I kind of looked a little bit Victorian. I love that kind of style because it’s so elegant. I’m not exactly graceful so I try my best.

  I wore a white dress I brought ages ago, back when I had an obsession with ghostly white dresses. The dress had sleeves that puffed up at the top then hugged my arms to the elbows since it was three quarters in length for the sleeves. The neckline was low but not too low. The material was lacy and the bodice hugged my every curve perfectly. At the waist line it puffed out slightly before hanging down loosely to my ankles. I didn’t put on any shoes with my dress so I was in bare feet.

  When Faye saw me she smiled slightly and told me to make a few daisy chains. Faye and I were going to walk by ourselves to the campsite while the other two stopped by town to grab marshmallows and collect firewood in the woods.

  My daisy chain went on top of my head like a headpiece while Faye wrapped hers around her wrist. She wore a deep blue knee length dress that she ‘borrowed’ off of Leila. She didn’t wear shoes either.

  So off we went looking pretty in our dresses with daisy chains. I tried to dance gracefully up the hill towards the campsite and I actually did pretty well. Faye tried to as well but she didn’t do ballet when she was little like I did. I only did it for a year when my laziness kicked in and I quit.

  I quit a lot don’t I? Well how can I not when everything I had was taken away from me?

  At the top of the hill I saw Ansel sitting by himself next to the campfire that was alight. He had the warm blanket I lended him wrapped around him. It was black with white intricate designs on it. I twirled right at the top where he could see me before I sprinted down.

  Faye was too lazy to run but I ran. I saw Ansel look up at me as I ran down with my arms flung out and a goofy smile on my face. It’s safe to say I almost tripped over my feet numerous times but it was worth it when I saw Ansel’s smile. It lit up his entire face and even made his eyes crinkle at the corners.

  “What the hell are you doing here?” He asked with his smile still in place.

  “Wishing you a happy birthday of course!” I exclaimed.

  He laughed at me and I danced a little as I sung Happy Birthday off key a little.

  “Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Ansel, Happy birthday to you.”

  He was laughing and smiling by the time I was finished and I could hear Faye laughing her butt off as she was still walking down the hill.

  “You’re actually really good at singing.” Ansel complimented me.