Chapter 14- Blood For Blood

Music Video of Five Finger Death Punch's cover of Bad Company --->

Edit I made for this chapter ---->

Blood For Blood

  Loud laughter, high pitched squeals, every kind of noise imaginable that’s associated with a carnival could be heard but we were heading away from it. I was running as fast as I could as I tried to keep up with Faye who was chasing after Lucas, screaming for him. The other two were behind me, I could just hear them.

  We rounded a corner onto a deserted street and I saw Lucas stop. He just stopped and stood there staring at the alleyway where he had killed someone. I slowed down as I turned onto the street. There was an eerie silence that I didn’t want to break.

  Faye ran up to Lucas and hugged him tight. She was stressed out, that much I could tell. As I jogged up to the two of them I saw Lucas wrap his arm around Faye to comfort her. A frown was on my face.

  I slowly reached them. “Are you out of your mind!?” Cameron came up beside me and yelled at Lucas.

  Lucas winced but continued to stare at the alleyway.

  Ansel came up next to me but we didn’t say anything to each other, or even exchange looks. The tension could be cut with a fork I swear.

  “Well!?” Cameron demanded.

  Lucas cringed and Faye hugged him tighter.

  Just as Cameron was about to shout again I cut him off. “Shut up Asshole! Can’t you see he’s not coping very well!?”

  “Oh I’m sorry Llamabitch! But can’t you see he’s not coping very well.” He motioned to Ansel who kept a straight face and also stared at the alleyway.

  “That’s it! I give up! You continuously find it in your power to make my life hell which by the way it already is! Lucas gives me the cold shoulder unlike the rest of you who he shows actual emotion to! Faye is starting to be more like you guys who continuously leave me out! And Ansel probably hates me now for one of my stupid silly mistakes! So how about I just walk away and you never see me again huh!?”

  “That sounds amazing! But how are you going to do that!?”

  “EASY! I’m going to go and trade myself in instead of Lucas doing that.” I spat out at them and stormed off towards the alleyway.

  “Erin no! It’s supposed to be me!” Lucas yelled.

  “Well I don’t care. It’s the least I can do for all of you.” I spat back. It was a lie. I did care. They were the only family I had now and every single moment they could, they left me out. So the easiest way for me to get back home was to die.

  “Erin wait!” Ansel called after me but I ignored him and everyone else who shouted after me. I was going no matter what.

  I walked down the alley towards the place where we found the dead body. It was also where a man was waiting. He looked me up and down as I came to stand in front of him.

  “You want someone to kill? Kill me not Lucas. You know it would kill him more if you killed someone dear to him instead of making it easier for him and killing him instead.” I said to him in a monotone voice.

  “Erin don’t.” Lucas said behind me. The others had followed.

  “Now, now buddy. She has a wonderful point there. You can be blamed for two deaths.” The guy had grubby stubble on his chin and yellowing teeth. He was not pretty, nor kind. He held up a handgun. He pointed it level with my head. I just hope I went quickly. I hate pain.