Chapter 7- Good Morning Sunshine

Also Vote people, Vote! This is going into the 2013 Watty Awards so PLEASE vote!

Good Morning Sunshine

  My head pounded, my body ached and I think I lied on my arm the entire night because it was numb. My alarm clock had decided to go off so my anger issues kicked in immediately. I threw it across the room, screamed at it and told it to “GO TO FUCKING HELL YOU TRAITOR!”

  I almost suffocated myself with my pillow to block out the noise of the bees outside my window. I remembered last night in a massive blur. The main thing that was glued to the inside of my eyelids was the replaying of Ansel’s and mine bonding time at the pool. The very top of my mind was written with the words he told me about our deal. Damnit. Now I have to associate with them and I have hated hanging out with people since I left my parents.

  Today was a Friday but no way in hell was I going to drag my butt out of bed and go anywhere or even leave this house, let alone my room! I think I will skip breakfast as well. Speaking of breakfast...

  I burst through my door in last night’s clothes and sprinted to the toilet and continued to lose whatever I ate in the last 48 hours. It was torture! My throat burned and my hair almost got in the way.

  When I didn’t feel as much like a truck had run me over a dozen times- just half a dozen times- I went to the sink. I grabbed my tooth brush and put so much tooth paste on it, it just about oozed tooth paste itself. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. I probably used about half the tube!

  Half way through scrubbing my entire mouth Faye ran in. She went straight to the toilet and lost whatever she had eaten in the last few days as well. Guess she drank too much as well. I stared at her a little bit before I returned to scrubbing my mouth raw.

  I was the first to leave the bathroom and I went to my room, sprayed myself with so much body spray that I ended up in a coughing fit for 20 minutes and got into my pyjamas. I didn’t feel like going back to sleep just yet though, I needed something else. Food.

  I walked at slow turtle speed to the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. When I opened it I burst out laughing and it hurt my rib cage. The fridge had been trashed a million times over. Bottles full, half drunken and empty littered all places in the fridge and most of the food had been ransacked. Except one thing: Bacon.

  I yanked it out of the fridge and ripped the packaging off. I pulled a frying pan out of the cupboard and a few more pots and pans fell out as well. I left the pots and pans on the floor along with the remains of the bacon packaging. I threw the frying pan on the stove, and cranked up the temperature. I poured in a good amount of oil into the pan and when it sizzled slightly I literally threw the bacon in.

  I don’t like bacon all that much but right now I could eat a whole freaking pig and I hate pork! I was starving all thanks to whatever the hell happened to me last night. Then a note on the fridge caught my eye.

  You’re all grounded for a month and extra hours are added.

  I rolled my eyes; we all knew that was going to happen. It wasn’t our fault they threw a party that everyone knew would turn bad because we were in fact delinquents.

  But there was a note underneath that.

  I know you killed my best friend.

  What the fuck? Seriously? Who does that? Wait, Lucas recently killed someone. If this is an episode of Revenge happening to us then by god I need to eat this bacon and find as much chocolate as possible.