Chapter 1- Accusations And Punishments

In here there will be a lot of titles of things in italics because they are in fact real things that I am only refferencing to. Some of them you may know, there are books, stores, movies and a few other things that are throughout the story. I do not own them, I am just refferencing them.

Accusations and Punishments

  “Lucas didn’t do it!”

  “I swear I didn’t!”

  “But we have evidence! Prove that you didn’t do it!”

  “But how can he prove it!? He’s just a kid!”

  “Hey!”

  I sighed. The police were accusing Lucas of robbing a corner store. I don’t get why he would want to rob a corner store. Those things are dodgy as hell. Leila and Harry Ricardan were also arguing with the policeman.

  Leila and Harry are our ‘guardians’. Since our parents didn’t want us we got sent to god-knows-where to be looked after by two annoyingly strict people in a house on a happy street with other ‘delinquent teenagers’.

  Honestly I’m not that bad. I am just labelled mental and need help from a counsellor but my counsellor hates my guts so I refuse to go there. I go crazy at people and my main line of defence is yelling hard core.

  Faye is the other girl of the house. She’s quieter than me but way scarier. She punches, kicks, yells weird things and stares at you with her creepy light blue eyes. Sometimes her eyes appear eerie and it freaks me out. She isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but she knows how to handle tough situations easily.

  I should probably tell you about the guy who was currently being yelled at. Lucas is a weirdo. He’s shy, hates people and refuses to get along with anybody. His way to piss people off is of course insulting. His insults are actually really good. He doesn’t go much farther than that besides the occasional punch, kick, beating up of people. That’s about it really. I doubt he robbed that store.

  Cameron however. Cameron is pretty much a player, an asshole and an idiot all in one. He doesn’t think very much besides thinking ‘I’m bored’ then does whatever the hell he wants. He once duct taped poor Ansel to the floor and then the door. Cameron apparently ‘just wants attention’ but he tries to stay off the radar often so who knows. He plays annoying pranks and gets on my nerves often as well as freaks me out by doing some gross things. He’s okay but a little bit on the dodgy side according to me.

  Ansel and Cameron are half brothers which is why they argue a hell of a lot and hate each others' guts. Ansel is quite quiet but a conversation with him is fun. He’s more mental as well with the occasional physical blow to annoying people. He sometimes blacks out but it has now become very rare. When he blacks out his anger takes over. He also is afraid to be alone in a room with some people due the fact that he is afraid to kill them. So he’s classed as mental. He also isolates himself from anyone else so I don’t know him all that well.

  Every single one of us are outsiders, outcasts, kicked out of society and people back away from us in fear. All except Leila and Harry. They believe they can change us and make us normal again. Well to that I say ‘There is no such thing as normal!’ and then they just yell at me.

  You see, my view on life is different to everyone else’s and they all hate my opinion. Leila keeps saying I should stop believing in fake things and believe in real things like god and Christ. Of course they are Christian. I go with them to church every Sunday because they make us but I may never believe all of what they say. I am my own person and just like the saying ‘you may lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink’ just proves that I refuse to be swayed into believing things that others believe.