4. Orphan

ALLISON WAS LAYING
on Kiara's bed, doodling in her notebook while Kiara's music played. Kiara had in interest in weird music. She liked artists like Lana Del Rey, Cavetown, Gracie Abrams, and Lauren Spencer Smith.

Allison had grown to like two of the singers and that was Lana Del Rey and Cavetown. She perfered artists like Eminem and Drake but hearing new artists were nice. Allison was drawing a turtle.

Kiara liked turtles and being in her room made Allison only think of things Kiara liked. Kiara was doing her makeup in her mirror, doing her eyebrows. Allison didn't understand why it took fifteen minutes to do one eyebrow but she didn't ask questions.

Currently the song that was playing was Art Deco by Lana Del Rey. If Allison liked anything about Lana, it was her voice. She had the voice that reminded her of Adele. It was so magical and strong, Allison didn't know how she did it.

Allison was fading in her pencil with a q-tip Kiara gave her. Blending in the pencil and making it look faded was Allison's favorite part about drawing. It brought her some sort of comfort. Allison was also glad Kiara gave her a q-tip otherwise she would've used her fingers and that gets messy.

And at last the turtle was complete. Allison spent forty minutes on it and she still hated it but she reminded herself that it could've been worse. It could've had red skin or three eyes. "Done" Allison said.

Kiara had been waiting to see what she was drawing for awhile. So, Kiara turned excitingly, putting down her eyebrow gel. She saw the little turtle with green skin and a small smile on it's face. A smile brought it's way to Kiara's lips at seeing the work of the thirteen year old girl.

"Wow....it's beautiful. Have you thought of being a artist when your older?" Kiara asked, in utter shock at the beautiful masterpiece she'd just seen.

Allison snickered, shaking her head. "I'm not talented enough for that"

"Are you fucking insane? Ally, you draw better then anyone I've ever seen, okay? I know you could make a future out of that. Promise you'll at least try it, for me?" Kiara begged as she tilted her head to the side, her pupils wide, a sad pout appearing on her pink plumb lips.

Allison rolled her eyes. "Okay! I will just stop making that face" Allison said as Kiara's sad pout turned into a gummy smile before going back to her eyebrows.

Once Art Deco was done playing a different song played. This song was by Lauren Spencer Smith. The song was Aftermath. One thing Allison loved about singers was that they were all unique. They had their own voice and their own emotions. They didn't copy each other like Olivia Rodrigo did with Deja vu.

Allison went to another empty page, her blue eyes just seeing white paper. Allison thought about what to draw. Out of pure boredom she decided to draw lips and eyes. She was good at lips but eyes not so much.

Allison's problem with drawing eyes was the shape. She was good at drawing the pupils but when it came to the actual eye she went blank. She would either draw the eye to big or too small or one side would be fatter then the other and it wouldn't fit properly. That's why Allison avoided drawing them as much as possible.

So it was good to practice. She began trying to draw the shape. No, too big. No, too small. No, too long. No, looks like a square. No matter how hard she tried it didn't bring up to her expectations. It drove her nuts.

She began erasing all her work when Pope Hayward walked through the doors. "Hey, you two hear about the hurricane?" He asked before making his way into the room, closing the door behind him and sitting himself on the chair Kiara had in the corner of her room.

"Hurricane?"

"Great"

"Yeah. It's happening tonight. Everyone's preparing for it. Even my pops. I thought I should tell you guys. What are you two doing?" Pope asked.