16: Rumors & Gold

THIS COULDN'T BE REAL.
there was no way. This had to be a dream. It all seemed to...unreal. Ellie was sitting on the toilet staring at her blank underwear. Where was the blood? Where was her monthly bill? Where was the stomach pain, mood swings, and unconditionally crying? Where the fuck was her period?!

She was four days late. That's never happened before. Something had to be wrong. Especially with her constant nausea. She needed too see a doctor. Maybe she had the flu and some feminine problem that made her unable to et her period. Maybe it was nothing.

The girl stood up, pulling her underwear and sweat pants back on as she left the bathroom and went downstairs. In the kitchen, James was invited over and was making a meal that probably was laced with poison. Elizabeth tried some on a spoon and made a loud moan. "Ooh! That is delicious!"

"Mom"

"Thank you, my father was a chef. Taught me how to cook from a young age" James explained as Elizabeth bit down on her lip.

"That is so sexy"

"Mom!"

Elizabeth and James both turned to Ellie, their lips in thin lines. Ellie inhaled deeply, her hands in fists. "I need to go to the doctor"

"Are you sick?"

"Would you like me to get you some medicine?" James offered.

Ellie closed her eyes in annoyance. "No. I don't need medicine. I need to see a doctor"

"What's wrong?" Elizabeth asked as Ellie glared at James for a split second, bouncing on her feet in embarrassment.

"It's more of a...feminine issue" Ellie said to her mother as Elizabeth nodded, grabbing her daughters arm and dragging her to somewhere more private to discuss the personal issue.

"Alright, tell me" Elizabeth demanded, curious and worried by the lack of information her daughter was providing.

Ellie wetted her lips. "I'm late"

"By how many days?" Elizabeth asked.

"Four"

Elizabeth inhaled deeply. "Okay...I know this is gonna be an uncomfortable question but....have you had intercorpse recently?" Elizabeth asked the girl, worried.

"Oh my god! How could you even ask that!?" Ellie made fake vomiting noises as Elizabeth held Ellie still and stared into her eyes. "This is creepy"

"I'm being serious, Ellie. Have you? Don't lie to me. This is important. You could be pregnant!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

Oh my god. Ellie was pregnant. She was pregnant with her best friends boyfriends child. She was pregnant with Rafe Cameron's child at 15. If that ain't a police report she didn't know what was. Oh God she was screwed.

Her eyes widened. "Mom, I've never had intercorpse in my entire life. I have no interest In any of that stuff. I'm smarter than that"

After the awkward conversation, Ellie quickly went to Avery's. Avery was her best friend still, she didn't have to know the baby daddy was her boyfriend, right? And plus side, she was nineteen! She'd know what to do.

Ellie knocked on her best friends door till it opened. Her eyes landed on Avery who seemed off. Her skin was slightly pale and under her eye seemed like a dark spot. At first glance, you'd assume it was dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep or iron but in reality it was a fading bruise.

Avery smiled slightly at the sight of the teen girl. Her best friend. Who'd been avoiding all of them finally returned. Her smile dropped when she sensed the stress Ellie was in. "What's wrong?"