Chapter 4 Tormented Hearts

Two weeks later...In the Naga lands...Solarian Mountain City...

The last two weeks had been long, and if not somewhat awkward as well for Eris. Posing as Chimalma had been tiring, and ever since the attack, Shadow has had her rest. But she refused to say she needed something, anything to distract her from that night. So giving in, he told her to rest for at least two days and she agreed, but after two days she was back to being his guard. Now here she was with Tails, Mighty, Silver, and Espio all hanging out at some local bar in a corner drinking.

They saw how Eris, or Chimalma as they were to call her, had been ever since the battle, and heard a few rumors about what happened the same night after she woke up. Since then she had been in a weird mood. Even Knuckles saw this as well and his suspicions kept growing about who she truly was. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was something about her that seemed all too familiar. But now that Shadow was getting ready to start this season's storm, they had some time off since he would be up in the skies for a few days.

Chimalma sat at a table with a fermented fruit drink as she rested her head on one of her arms as she just played with her cup. She already had three drinks as it was, and she was starting to feel a buzz, but it wasn't enough. As she sat there, the boys came over and sat with her. Over the last six years since Shadow took her under his wing, they all had gotten close to one another, and they had become friends. If anything, she and Silver had gotten really close with one another, and she considered him as more than a friend, but as a brother. As Silver sits next to her, he nudges her, and she sighs, as she sits back up and downs her drinking in three gulps, slams it on the table, and yells out.

GET ME ANOTHER NOW! IN FACT GET ME THREE MORE!

A server girl hears her and hurries off to get her order as Mighty smiles softly at her.

Chi, don't you think you've had enough? You've had three already.

Mighty is right, Chi, I think...

YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME WHEN I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I SAY WHEN I HAD ENOUGH, AND I WANT THREE MORE! YOU FUCKING ARMADILLO!

She yells as people look their way. Silver looks at them and chuckles sheepishly.

S...Sorry...everyone...She's just going through some things...heh...ah...Soul bonding stuff...heh.

Some gave sympathetic looks and understanding, while others only rolled their eyes and went back to their food and drink.

Chimalma glares at Silver and slaps the back of his head. He cries out rubbing it as he looks at her.

What was THAT for?

YOU...

She points a finger in his face as he rears back.

Keep your mouth shut, or I'll put in one of my headlocks again.

Silver's eyes widened and nodded quickly.

Shutting up! Shutting up!

Chimalma sighs as the servant comes back with three more drinks while she takes the empty cups and downs one right away, as the girl sets down some Spirulina algae maize cakes. Chimalma glares at them as she looks at the girl.

What are these?

"They are Acocils spirulina maize algae cakes with a side of sweet chili sauce."