8. I'll be here

We are seating opposite to each other waiting for food. I wanted to ask if she's ok but I don't know if it's good to talk about it but thank god she said something but not something that made me happy "I am sorry Aditya for ruining our evening"

"stop saying sorry Tanya, it's fine"

"it's not, I should've controlled it I spoiled your mood"

"no you shouldn't stop your tears, we are understanding each other that means we'll have to see each other's thick and thins, ups and downs, happiness and vulnerabilities and no you didn't spoil my mood" I said with caring tone.

After 5 mins of silence she again spoke "this state doesn't come often it's occasional when I can't handle things don't think I am broken"

"There is no need of explanation Tanya --- see, I am happy that this doesn't happen to you often but also worried that it still happens to you and even if this  happens every day I don't mind I'll be with you and you might be thinking that I am just attracted to you but trust me it's not attraction it's something else I know that but now I'll keep it upto friends. And friends help each other right?" She simply nodded in response.

Rest of the dinner went in silence. I hate this I wanted her to enjoy I can't see her like this. I shouldn't have asked her to look through sunroof. But what happened out of nowhere. I respect her boundaries but I want to know what is hurting her. I wish I could know it.

As soon as she stepped into the car she fell asleep listening to music. I drived slow and steady so I don't disturb her. It's better to look her sleeping rather than her sitting numb.

It's been 15min we reached her home but I didn't wake her up I don't know why but I am scared that what if she again breakdown when I am not by her side. But it's 11:00, Pavitra aunty might be worried. Just 2 min more I'll wake her up.

It's been 15 min now I have to wake her up which I did heavy heartedly. I jerked her a little bit "Tanya wake up your home" she opened her eyes like a baby
"what's the time right now?"

"It's 11:15"

"it's late ok then bye" she opened the door I stopped her "let me come and drop you till the door"

"there is no need Aditya my home is just 15 steps away"

"I want to ensure that you entered the door safe and sound "

"you can literally see me through window"

"ok but what will Pavitra aunty thinks that I didn't drop her daughter safely near the door"

"Aditya my Mom...."

"Tanya please" she sighed and nodded her head in agreement.

We are infront of her she was about ring the bell but I stopped her. "Tanya if there is anytime or anything you need me for, I am just a phone call away, I know you'll not need me you have so many people but still I want you to know  I'll be here - as a friend atleast" she nodded and asked "Aditya please don't tell this to mom or Shubha aunty they'll be worried"
"ya I won't" we rang the bell and Pavitra aunty stood there with tease in her eyes "You both came very early" she taunted "enough with taunts maa- thank you Aditya for dropping me" she said 'politely' I guess she wasn't in a mood for fun. "Tanu bad habit- sorry Nana (beta/son) come in na" she invited me inside I want to go but my mom will be already nuts I don't want to be more late "Next time aunty mumma must be worried I'll leave- bye aunty--- bye, Tanya good night"

"bye Nana"

"bye Aditya good night" this time she really was polite. They didn't close the door untill I drove off the home. I just wish Tanya be fine.