Fifty: Give Me A Moment To Breathe

"Tiger-Claw has innocents?" Leo grunted, clenching his fists, "This isn't good,"

"W-we need to go get them," Goo practically begged, "I think they're still there, we can-"

"No, Tiger-Claw wouldn't let them go that easy," Raph sighed, "Especially if yer parents think he's helping them,"

"But..."

Mike gave Goo a sad look, coming over to embrace them. They didn't hug back.

"I'm sorry Goo, there isn't much we can do," Raphie said gently, resting a hand on their shoulders, "If anything, it's more dangerous if we try to save them now, 'cause if we fail, then tiger-Claw wouldn't have any reason to play with them,"

Goo didn't respond, just stared forward. Eventually, they slowly nodded.

"Where are we gonna take this?" Leon asked, gesturing with the container, "I mean, we could take it to Jersey?"

"No, I don't think Jersey's far enough," Leo said, rubbing his chin, "I can take some of us to go get the Shell-Raiser and we'll ride off-"

"Yeah, but how long will that take? We don't know how long we have until they notice it's gone,"

Mikey watched the two continue to argue, trying to think of anything that would be helpful. Mike was quietly talking to Goo, promising that they'll save their parents as soon as possible. He asked about their sister. 

"I know a place," Goo said, barely above a whisper. The Leos stopped talking, glancing at Goo. They broke away from Mike and stepped toward Leon, gesturing to his katanas. Leon drew one, letting Goo guide his hand as he made a portal. Little bits of electricity danced down the blade to the portal, changing the color from a light blue to a soft orange.

Goo took Mikey's hand and went through the portal, the rest of the group following not long after. Mikey had his eyes shut until after the fuzziness washed over him, opening them to a familiar place, the cracked parking lot and faded paint reminding him of the friends who sent him off a month ago.

However, the night was somber, as the black sky bore no lights, the street lamps illuminating the road in a sad attempt to fend off the dark. A cold breeze blew through, making the cold-blooded creatures shiver. Goo started walking toward the building with Mikey, everyone else apprehensively following them. 

They tugged the door open, the usual eighties aesthetic carpet plush against their feet. Goo made their way to the counter, glancing into the glass.

"Gen..." They whispered. Mikey could hear Gen gasp from behind the glass, quickly emerging through his invisible door. He briefly observed the group, catching Mikey's eye and tilting his head. Mikey nodded.

"Alright, come on now..." Gen said, ushering the group into the building, "Let's get ya kids patched up and fed, alright? Do y'all want tea or chocolate milk?"

Gen led them through the dark building, the sight of the garden briefly delaying their trip to a guest room. The room was fairly large, Gen likely choosing the room for that reason. The turtles scattered around the room, dotting the beds and chairs. Leon stored the container in the nightstand.

A while after Gen went to get drinks and food, a rabbit burst into the room.

"Mikey! Goo!" He breathed, rushing over to where the two were sitting, "What was the one thing I told you not to do!?"

"Get mutated?" Goo asked, glancing up from the table.

"Yes, and what did you do?"

"Get mutated," They responded, allowing a small smile to ripple across their features.