Sixty-Two: Melted Skies

Mikey was awakened by his own coughing.

His body shook as he rubbed his eyes, struggling to sit up. A weight to his right groaned, tugging him back down and settling back into the blankets. Mikey looked around, becoming confused when he saw his brother sleeping beside him. 

"How are you, Michelangelo?" Leatherhead quietly rumbled from the other side of the train car, "Did you sleep well?"

Mikey separated himself from his brother, leaning over the edge of the nest.

"I'm alright," Mikey grumbled, rubbing his throat, "When did Raph get here?"

"He knocked on my door late last night," Leatherhead said, bringing over a steaming mug, "I have been told that tea is good for sore throats. I'm sorry if it doesn't taste good,"

"Thank you," Mikey whispered, taking a slow slip from the cup, "Why did he show up in the middle of the night?"

"He was worried about you," His lover chuckled, "He wanted to make sure you were all right. Though, he wanted to leave before you woke up,"

"That sounds like Raph," Mikey laughed, "Was he really worried?"

"Yes, I could tell," Leatherhead rumbled, "He seemed upset enough that I let him in the bed,"

"Really?" Mikey whispered, "I wish he'd just say that instead of doing stuff like this,"

"He's loving you in his own way," Leatherhead chuckled, cupping Mikey's face, "I can relate to his hesitance. Give him time, love,"

Mikey smiled, leaning up to rub his head against Leatherhead's face, a happy rumble tumbling out of his lover, to which Mikey gave a responding churr. The two jumped when an unexpected noise sounded, Raph having churred in his sleep at the two. 

"He's really tired," Mikey giggled, turning to the side to cough.

"You both slept for quite a while," Leatherhead chuckled, rubbing Mikey's shell, "You seemed to sleep better with your brother there, so I left you two be,"

"Ah," Mikey breathed, feeling his face start to burn, "Ahem, anyway, has Leo or anyone called?"

.

Leon was sore. Who knew that sleeping on the side of a tub would do that to you?

He stretched, feeling like every bone in his body was yelling at him. A blanket slipped off his shoulders, a gift from Mike probably, revealing that all of Leon's injuries from the previous night were treated and his bad knee was wrapped. Judging by how methodically the bandages were placed, Tello was likely the one who treated him, somehow doing it without waking him up. Show off. 

Once he was more awake, he immediately went to check Goo's pulse, finding it strong and steady. Good. They were still unconscious, though, Leon checking over the burns on their chest. He hoped that the cool water would negate as much damage as possible, which it seems to have done. He would have to inspect it when it was dry. The only thing he had to worry about now, though, was their temperature. 

Goo had been cold when he touched them, which would be concerning for a normal human, but that wasn't the case, was it? Their heart rate wasn't slow and their cheeks were red, showing that their blood was flowing as normal. However, they weren't moving. They were floating stock still in the water as if they were in a coma. Leon chewed his lip, replacing their IV fluids. They didn't appear to have any head injuries, none that he noticed when Tello did his scan.

Ah right, they're part turtle, which are cold-blooded animals. 

He didn't fully understand all of the biological conjectures the Dons spoke about, but what he did know was that Goo absolutely could have fallen into a sort of half-hibernation due to being submerged in a cool liquid all night. All he had to do was raise their temperature and see if they woke up. Picking some clothing scraps out of the tub water, Leon pulled the tub plug, wondering whether he should risk filling it with warm water to wake them up sooner.