Talking To Jules

It had been a week or two since Knuckette realized her crush on Setsuna.

Mephiles 'in jail' confessed Blaze asked her too quote on quote 'teach her a lesson'.

Knuckette wasn't happy about it and neither was Setsuna.

She couldn't tell her due to her being cold and tough toward her.

She didn't mind being around her whenever there at school or hanging out on multiple weekends together.

It was like finding a new best friend. A week after Locke's funeral, Setsuna asked if Knuckette can be her best friend, she angrily said 'Fine you can'.

That alone made Setsuna happy.

Knuckette just couldn't stop thinking about her. She probably is glad that to have met Setsuna on that night of the teens club opening, even though she doesn't show it.

At least not in public. Blaze felt guilty for what she did.

Even though they're not friends anymore, Blaze wanted her back as a friend. She felt jealous that Knuckette hangs out with Setsuna.

Setsuna herself was feeling happy to have an actual friend. She had no clue about Knuckettes crush.

Though one day, Knuckette decided to talk to her Father.

It was early in the morning on a Monday, Knuckette was up early and got dressed.

She went over across the street and said to herself, "I haft to talk to Mr. Neji-Hoku. I can't let Setsuna and her sisters get killed."

She knocked on the door before a male voice said, "Hold on I'm coming."

Jules opened the door and sees Knuckette at the door. Confused, he asked, "Can I help you? Setsuna is still asleep."

Knuckette replied with a serious expression, "We need to talk."

Jules looked at her expression, 'realizing she knew about his daughters being assassins.

Jules asked as he looks down with a deep and stressful sigh, "How did you find out?"

Knuckette answered as she walked in, "It's a long story."

She then sat on the couch as Jules sat down as well.

Jules asked, "What do you need Knuckette?"

Thats when Knuckette answered, "This is gonna sound absurd but..."

She trailed off as she then said, "...But they can't go through with this. What good would it do if they get their revenge on the killer of their mother?"

Jules was shocked but then he looked down and said with a stern but calm tone, "Well, I'm relieved that I'm not the only who thinks that. I can agree it be nothing but trouble if they got their revenge."

Knuckette asked, "Can't you forbid them Mr. Neji-Hoku? You're their Father."

Jules looks at her and replied, "I am their Father yes, but that's the problem I can't."

Knuckette asked, "Why not? What's stopping you?"

Jules answered sternly and calmly, "My sister. The mistress. She and my wife have been good friends. But... She wanted her friends death to be avenge without any thinking of the consequences."

He then continued explaining, "No sooner after my wife's cremation, Izumi sent an agent or two and took them away. I went over there and argued with her. Knowing that she wants them to be assassins."

<flashback from when the girls were little>

Jules was in front of the Mistress 'Izumi (his sister)' furiously and said, "Izumi! You can't do this! They're too young!"

Izumi replied to him, "I'm sorry Jules but we need to avenge Aleena's death."

Jules protested as he slammed his palms on her desk, "Correction! You want to avenge Aleena's death. What good would this do?! Sis! They're my daughters!"

Izumi replied calmly, "Look I know you're pissed off Jules. But what choice do we have?"

Jules replied, "They'll get killed! Your using your own nieces, just so you can take revenge! This is not right Izumi!! Give them back!"

Izumi replied, "I understand this is an outrage brother. But it's a risk we're willing to take."

Jules began to have tears in his eyes with an angered expression.

He then said, "Your gonna regret this sis. Just you wait!!"

He then stomped out of her office as he looked up just after he slam the door shut.

He began to have tears in his eyes and said, "Oh Chuck. Even you could agree this is an outrage."

<Flashback Ends>

Jules sighed deeply and said, "Even if I can do something, the girls won't change their minds. My own sister had them consumed with hatred and vendetta. All I wanted is for my darling daughters to live their lives as normal teenage girls. Izumi allowed me to have them back. But for how long?"

He started to cry softly as he said, "My sister wouldn't let me see them. I can only send them a present on their birthday or on Christmas."

Knuckette protested, "Thats not fair. They are your daughters. Not hers."

Jules replied, "I know, Thats what I told her! But no amount of reasoning is gonna help."

That's when they see Setsuna yawned and stretched as she asked, "What's with all the racket Dad? Is it time for school?"

Jules looks to see her and said, "Oh, sorry we woke you sweetie."

Then Setsuna walked downstairs as Makie walked down and said, "Is it time for breakfast?"

Satomi yawned and said 'following behind', "I haven't gotten ready yet."

Setsuna asked, "Knuckette, what are you doing here so early?"

Knuckette answered as she looked down, "I...I kinda wanted to walk with you to school."

Setsuna smiled a little and said, "Aww that's sweet. Well maybe you can stay for breakfast."

Knuckette rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever."