feelings closing in

cheers to transparency

Trinity sat swinging her legs from the edge of the dock, which resided at one of Mississippi's many lakes that dotted its landscape; Accompanying her was Dave— who currently held a call with someone from back home, although he was allegedly vacati...

Trinity sat swinging her legs from the edge of the dock, which resided at one of Mississippi's many lakes that dotted its landscape; Accompanying her was Dave— who currently held a call with someone from back home, although he was allegedly vacationing, he still kept tabs on his business, friends and family of course,

"Good looking out, get with me if there's any inconveniences preciate you," he said now ending the conversation and slipping his phone back into the front pocket of his jeans, "... my fault about all of that,"

"Don't be silly it's totally understandable, what even made you purchase the store?"

He seemed to have drifted off into deep thought while listening to the small currents in the lake, he could name many reasons why but the most important one was, "I was inspired by a late friend of mine,"

"Oh," she said quietly while resting her hand against her heart "I'm so sorry for your loss,"

"Yeah that's life though you know what I mean? But so far business is going good— it's a lot of merch from t-shirts, hats, backpacks, sunglasses, all kind of shit really,"

"And it's all you? Like it's your very own brand?" she questioned for more clarity as he nodded igniting her eyes with amazement "Wow,"

"FTD," he introduces "From The Dirt, From The Deli... Harlem, that's all Dave East,"

Pulling his phone from his pocket again, he began showing her the images of the store and it's layout— Trinity was all smiles at first until he swiped a few more times and she seen a picture of herself asleep, "Hey is that me!?"

"I'm convinced you seeing things," he locked the phone while laughing at her dramatic facial expressions

"Keep on playing with me David," she teased

"At least the picture was pretty damn, you ain't have to call a brother by his government,"

"I like your name,"

He chuckled before replying to her in Spanish since he's of Dominican descent, "...adivina lo que me gusta de ti ? (Guess what I like about you?)," he questioned catching her off guard

"No hablo español,"

"How you don't speak Spanish but can understand and respond to it Trin?"

"Well who wouldn't say that if someone was speaking Spanish to them? What'd you want me to do lie?" she says earning a hearty laugh from him which she adored

"Nah I don't want you to ever lie to me,"

"I wouldn't do that Dave," she then settled into his arms as he held her close, they both watched the sun began to set upon the horizon

"You gonna ask me?"

"Ask you what?" Trinity questioned

"About what's gonna happen when I leave..."