farmers' market

rubbing salt in old wounds

"How come every time I look down, your fork or spoon is all over here on my plate?" Dave asked Trinity; They were currently having breakfast the morning after,

"This hotel is really nice and all but, they only serve such a small amount of food— I'm a healthy woman and I like to eat,"

Dave chuckled while nodding his head, "Well that's my bad then, I requested for all meals to be portion controlled; The serving sizes down here in the south are wild, I can't be putting all this unhealthy mess into my body... shit I'll have to exercise overtime,"

"You can't deny that this unhealthy mess isn't delicious though," she smirked while feeding him a piece of stuffed french toast

"You the problem, I think you want me fat," he added as they shared laughter together "What's the vibe for today? You good or what?"

"Honestly I feel a bit lighter than yesterday, I needed to vent and get through my emotions," she sighed "I know there's a conversation that needs to be had, between Aunt Cass and myself,"

"Everything will work out the way it's supposed to ma, I promise you that..."

"You're always so reassuring," she smiled sweetly "I can see why your friends and family miss you back home,"

"My daughter ain't even been rapping with me like she's supposed to, neither has Harper— that's why I had the homie Ra do wellness checks and shit,"

"He seems like a great friend," Trinity then giggled at the thought of Ezra "His accent is very thick as well, I could hear him talking when you guys were on the phone,"

"Yeah he was buggin' about Harper's boyfriend, she's allegedly going to marry the nigga soon— I can't even really call him a nigga though because he's a white boy; The mayor's son to be exact..."

"What's so wrong with that?"

"You'd have to be involved in our world to really understand the whole concept," he sighed before shaking his head "Ra's got a thing for Harper and it's all just one big love triangle,"

"Sometimes it's difficult to go cold turkey with your feelings, especially when you're in love— even if that person doesn't necessarily love you back, or can't understand what there is to even love about said individual, it's weird..."

Dave stroked his beard with curiosity riddling his face, it seemed as though maybe Trinity had been speaking from experience, he wasn't for certain and neither of them had had the conversations of exes, did they need to?