try your best

no closure is closure

"My intentions were to serve you breakfast in bed, yet here you are seated at the table

"My intentions were to serve you breakfast in bed, yet here you are seated at the table..." said Trinity as she placed a plate of food in front of Dave, "Careful okay? It's extremely hot,"

"This is the perfect way to start the morning ma," he then pressed his hands together in a praying gesture thanking her, "I'm grateful,"

She smiled sweetly while joining him at the table as well, "Don't mention it, besides if anyone is grateful it's me; I'm happy that you've been spending some nights here in the house,"

He nodded in agreement and said a prayer before preparing to eat— Trinity happily forked up some eggs and bacon, but her grin soon vanished once she noticed Dave setting the bacon aside onto a paper towel, "Oh crap I'm sorry I totally forgot that you don't eat pork,"

"It's all good I ain't bitchin' about it," he shrugged his shoulders as his eyes then averted towards her rising from the table, "Where are you going Trin?"

"To the supermarket, I can pick up some turkey bacon or something like that for you,"

"Yeah nah sit down," he chuckled as she blew out a breath of frustration, "I just said it was okay ma... care to take your seat again?"

"You'd think that I knew you enough by now," she mumbled while sitting down again massaging her temples, "I don't know Dave maybe I shouldn't leave with you after all,"

"Yo you're buggin' out for nothing, how you gather that from accidentally serving me some bacon? It's not like I consumed it,"

She sat there still deep within her thoughts; Trinity felt as though Dave had her all figured out, in which he kind of did— and there she was forgetting that the man didn't eat pork,

"It'd also be different if I was allergic to the shit as well, the only reason I don't eat it is because of my religion; When I converted to Islam a lot of things have gotten cut away," he then grabbed her hand "Our relationship is unorthodox just like you said, only because the agreement was never to fall for each other as hard and fast as we did— but I swear to you that I wouldn't want to experience this kind of love with anyone else,"

he continued to speak by saying, "There's still some learning we both have to do about each other, you'd be surprised by all of the new things couples learn about their partners every day; People could be together for years and not know a damn thing about one another— just trust this process and trust me,"

Trinity leaned into him and gently kissed his lips, "I love you David, I've never been so sure about someone before in my life,"