tangles & angles

90 degrees on summer nights

"Holding one hand and a foot, Auntie would spin Zo and I around real fast in the daisies; We used to call it an airplane, then puberty hit for me causing my body to morph into womanhood, my bottom half made me heavy so Auntie gave me piggyback rid...

"Holding one hand and a foot, Auntie would spin Zo and I around real fast in the daisies; We used to call it an airplane, then puberty hit for me causing my body to morph into womanhood, my bottom half made me heavy so Auntie gave me piggyback rides instead," Trinity laughed at the thought, "It was great,"

Dave listened to Trinity in a time of vulnerability, she had been opening up and expressing her feelings verbally for the past couple of days, which was good and very much needed after the funeral— she was starting to be herself again finally,

Although grieving wasn't a temporary notion in her eyes, because those emotions were bound to resurface again; She deemed it necessary to at least attempt moving forward,

"You having second thoughts?" asked Dave as he helped Trinity neatly stack boxes in the garage, she was in the process of breaking the house down "... 'cause you can always get with me later you know what I mean?"

She suspiciously squinted her eyes at him due to that response, "Now why would I do that?"

"I just don't want you to jump off the porch too fast, especially if you ain't ready ma that's all," he shrugged "New York ain't going nowhere,"

"We talked about this, my mind is made up and I'm going with you after the holiday; I appreciate the fact that you're being considerate though but, I want to try something different..." she then folded her arms across her chest "Are you having second thoughts about me joining?"

"Nah Trin, why you even ask me some shit like that for huh?" he furrowed his eyebrows as she shrugged keeping quiet "Is this about the conversation we had prior?"

"Sorta kinda, I'm not looking forward to any unpleasant surprises when I arrive on the scene with you so, I hope your word is true..."

"Your feelings are valid, but when have I ever not been true with you? Ima solid ass nigga and would never put you in an uncomfortable position, it's safe over here ma," he opened his arms extending an invitation for a hug "Come see for yourself,"

She playfully rolled her eyes and fell into his chest as they shared a warm embrace, his lips graced her forehead with a gentle kiss putting her at ease, "I'm scared David,"

"It's okay to be scared, I know you're the type who needs constant reassurance and Ima give you that— like I told you in the beginning, we're gonna get through this together,"

"Let's do something tonight," she says abruptly diverting the subject "I know a really great bar that plays good music, they have amazing drinks, and the food isn't half bad either,"