farmers' market part two

rubbing salt in old wounds

"Oh I just can't wait for you to taste every last one of these delicious treats," Trinity raved to Dave as they stood in line waiting to purchase a plethora of baked goods; "They have cookies, muffins of all sorts, donuts, cream cheese danishes, c...

"Oh I just can't wait for you to taste every last one of these delicious treats," Trinity raved to Dave as they stood in line waiting to purchase a plethora of baked goods; "They have cookies, muffins of all sorts, donuts, cream cheese danishes, croissants, and colossal cinnamon rolls which are my personal favorite,"

"Sounds good, I'm honestly eager to try everything with you..."

She beamed with excitement as they gradually moved forward in the line, finally being able to attain their items— taking a seat at a nearby table, Trinity didn't waste any time sinking her teeth into the massive cinnamon roll,

"Mmm, and it's still warm," she groaned in satisfaction now offering Dave to have some

The pair enjoyed their time and snacks together, while engaging in light fun conversation; It was soon cut short by Alonzo, who managed to draw Dave away from Trinity giving Soul an opportunity to sit down with her instead,

"I see you still love sweets huh, I remember that first year we came out here and I bought you a cinnamon roll, your ass never shut up about it all the way home," he chuckled as did she

"Some things never change," she shrugged and dusted her hands on her pants "So, why'd you have my brother lure Dave away from me?" she questioned as he took a brief silence "I'm not stupid you know, what's up?"

"Guess I'm just trying to figure stuff out, even though it may not be my business..."

"Well I personally think it's best that you keep your curiosity at bay, you know just so old flames don't get conjured up,"

"Do you think that could happen?" he furrowed his eyebrows "Do you think that you could resist igniting flames for your first love, first kiss, first everything ; for a nigga you've only been knowing for all of 20 seconds?"

"Yes, the hell?" replied Trinity in an angry tone of voice "Why does that seem like it's so hard to believe? Are you doubting me?"

"I'm not doubting you baby shh," he silenced her demanding that she talked less and listen more "Hear me out though... you said I'm leaving anyway, so what's the point right?"

"I did say that, and?"

"Homie over there leaving too, yet you're allowing him an opportunity still, you wouldn't even move 5 hours away with me let alone visit, but plan on jetting to New York with some nigga you just met this summer? What type of bullshit is that?"

Trinity pinched the bridge of her nose, she wasn't upset at the fact Soul felt some type of way, she was more so irritated that Alonzo had given him the scoop on she and Dave's situation,

"Look you shouldn't have gone fishing for information from my brother, and it's not his business to run MY business... I get it, there was never any closure between us but what do you want me to do? I like Dave, and that's just what it is I can't control how I feel for him,"