un verano sin ti

a summer without you

Trinity was currently playing chess with her Uncle in the living room, so far she had won several games against him,

"Thanks for teaching me how to play when I was a little girl Uncle Ed," she smiled

"I'm starting to regret it, you're good..."

"One more game?"

He looked down at the watch securing his wrist, "I've got time for another, then I'll be heading over to the hospital to get your Aunt," Trinity kept quiet while resetting the chess board "Would you like to come with?"

"No thank you," she quickly declined

"It's been 3 days since you've last seen her Trin, you can't keep dodging her especially today when she's discharged, and comes home,"

"Who said I had to leave the basement?"

"You're gonna have to face her again,"

"Yeah well prayerfully I don't look too much like Terri to her when I do," she fake smiled before frowning "I'm not ready,"

"Problems don't just go away because you ignore them or force yourself to not be ready, fight back every once in a while darling..."

She huffed folding her arms across her chest allowing the attitude to settle in; A knock sounded off against the screen door as Edwin went to answer, then in walked Troy

Trinity's facial expression turned twisted, "What's going on right now?"

"Alonzo get down here," Edwin shouted as his heavy footsteps could be heard descending down the stairs— once he spotted Troy in the house he instantly went into defense mode

"What the hell is he doing in this house!?" his eyes darted towards Trinity who shook her head denying any part of it "Somebody better talk,"

"I called him over because I wanted to have a sit down with you both, now I'm sick of this drama between y'all— I practically helped raise you both since the sandbox, I watched y'all grow up from boys to men; From friends to brothers and I strongly feel as though you both should fix this mess, this is some petty shit..."

"But Uncle Ed—" Alonzo had been silenced as Edwin instructed for both him and Troy to have a seat on the sofa,

Just as Trinity was about to take a seat as well, Edwin motioned for her to head down to the basement, "Why do I have to leave?"

"This don't concern you Trinity,"

"Like hell it doesn't, the whole fight started over me Uncle Ed,"

"Which is all the more reason why we don't need you present, so carry on down there..." he pointed although she didn't budge which caused him to glare at her "Don't make me repeat myself,"