29 ~ The werecat

"What...?" I whispered, shocked at the news he had just revealed to me. His father... Used to beat him?

"Yep," he said as he looked anywhere but into my eyes.

"When? How? Why did he do it? Why didn't you tell me?" I said, not being able to stop the questions gushing out from my lips.

"Hey, hey." He began, finally looking at me properly and I could feel his nervousness as he slowly continued. "It's not that big of a deal. My father's father used to beat him too, it kinda runs in the family."

"Not a big deal? Of course it's a big deal, Adam." I said, trying to keep calm. The fact that someone hurt my mate... Goddess help me I wanted to kill someone. Runs in his family? If he thinks that he is going to hit our children...

Where did those thoughts come from? I did not want children. I did not want children.

"I've managed to live past it. Why do you think I kicked my dad out? I took care of it, case closed, problem solved." He said.

"That's why you're so obsessed with looking good and powerful to your weres isn't it?" I asked quietly, suddenly putting the pieces together. "That's why you crave control..." I mumbled as I felt him stiffen. I suddenly understood why he was so determined to get me healing. He wanted prove to his pack that he had full control of everything. Or more importantly, he needed to prove to himself that he was in full control of everything, since he was used to be so out of control 'cause of his dad. And I just happened to be his key. Did I even mean anything to him? Did our date even mean anything to him? Or was it all just a plot for his plan of power? As if on cue he spoke.

"It doesn't change the way I feel about you. It's just the reason I kept you so close. So at least we got one good thing out of it," he joked.

Can't you see he cares about us? All of us. He accepted who we are, even Lana. And trust me that could not have been easy. Nika said. Can't you just try to trust him?

She's right. Lana said. I don't think he's lying. And I can usually tell.

He is my mate... I mumbled.

So treat him like he is, and he might return the favour. Nika huffed.

"Thank you," I whispered as his eyes filled with confusion. "For being honest with me."

"Thank you for not thinking I'm a weak pus- I mean whimp." He smiled back. We held our gaze until I suddenly pressed my lips onto his and placed both my hands on his shoulders. It felt as though my body melted at the sudden contact. Thank the Goddess he was holding onto the sides of my waist, or I might have collapsed right in front of him. 

Adam suddenly broke the kiss and my first instinct was to moan in protest. Thankfully, I held it in.

"The werecat," He said. "He's here. Pity, I was really enjoying that." I couldn't help the little giggle that escaped my mouth as he pulled me back out of the door.

-------------------------------------------

"Alpha Stephan, so glad you could make it." Adam said as he shook the foreign Alpha's hand.

"The pleasure is mine," he replied. "This is Theodore." He said as he introduced the man standing behind him. I couldn't smell a wolf from the man, so I assumed he was the werecat.

"Please, call me Theo." he said. "Are you the werecat?" He asked as he looked at me. I nodded in reply and shook his hand.

"Can we start right away?" I asked.

"Someone's eager," Theo mumbled with a smile. "But that's no problem for me. I don't have anywhere else to be."

"Shall I show you where you shall be staying first?" Adam asked.

"Actually, I'd rather get to know her before I get settled in." All of a sudden, Adam was holding him from the collar of his neck.

"You will not be getting to know anyone feline. You are going to teach her your ways. No more, no less." he hissed.

"Adam let go right now!" I shouted as I shoved my mate out of the way. It seemed to work as Theo came loose and stood, breathless in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"You know what they say," he said. "A cat always land on his feet." I smiled at him, grateful that he hadn't made this any worse.

"C'mon, we have a lesson to attend," I said and I motioned for Adam to lead the way, making sure to send him a look of disapproval.

"So have you ever healed anyone before?" Theo asked.

"Of course she hasn't. If she had you wouldn't be here right now, would you?" Adam butted in. We had just entered the pack's gym. No one was around and Adam said no one would be able to hear us.

"Do you have to be so fucking rude?" I asked. "I think this would be best if you left."

"I am not gonna leave you alone with him. He's a -"

"A werecat! Just like me! We have more in common than you and me do! So do a favour and leave, maybe I'll learn something!" I shouted.

He walked up to me and placed a hand on the side of my face, making my legs shiver. "Okay," he whispered. "Be careful."

"He's not going to kill me you know." I replied quietly.

"I know," he said and he left me and Theo alone in the gym.

"Sorry about that," I told the other werecat.

"Don't worry, mates can be protective."

"How'd you know we were mates?" I asked, knowing that I never mentioned it.

"It doesn't take a genius to notice the way you too look at each other." He replied. "Is he making you have these lessons?"

"It's very complicated," I replied. "But let's just say it was a compromise. Can we begin?"

"Sure. As you probably know I lost my cat years ago so-"

"What type of cat did you have?" I interrupted.

"A jaguar." He replied. "Anyways, I can still heal even though he's gone, just not as strongly."

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"You have been since the beginning of the lesson, why stop now?" He joked.

"How did you loose him? How are you still alive?" I asked and he let out a sigh.

"We were in battle. Some wolf attacked my jaguar and bit into my stomach. One of our wolves got him off me, but he was far too late. I don't know what got me to shift, but when I did I was perfectly fine. I had lost all contact with my jaguar however."

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"Don't worry about it, I get by." He shrugged. "Now first of all, I don't think you told me your name. I assume you havn't told anyone in this pack and I fully respect you for it, but if we're gonna do this you're going to have to trust me." He said. I thought about it for a second before making up my mind.

"It's Octavia," I said. "And I hope you keep that to yourself."

-------------------------------------------
A.N:

Thanks for the votes! I'm going to keep the same amount for another one, but hopefully I'll find more time to write next week when my exams are over. So 40 votes for a chapter! <3

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x