52 ~ Ceremonia Di Luna

I studied my reflection in the mirror. The white dress I was wearing was simple, and it trailed down to the floor.

"I feel like I'm getting married," I mumbled to my mum who had just chosen a head piece out of the two Ryan had offered her.

"This is better than marriage," Robin replied. "I mean how many women can say they're preparing for a Ceremonia Di Luna?"

"But did the dress have to be so... White?" I asked.

"It symbolizes your goodness or some bullshit," Ryan rolled his eyes. "Now shut up, you look amazing."

"He's right," Mum said. She came up behind me and placed the headpiece on my head. It was white with small pink flowers. "Adam will faint when he sees you."

"That would be quite the sight," I smiled. "Ryan, have you spoken to Stephan?"

"Not really," he said. "I saw him in the hallway, and he stared at me, but he walked away before I could say anything." He said, sadly. "I don't think he's come out."

"Well obviously not," Robin replied. "But you should go to his room, take matters into your own hands. Don't let him push you away... He's as much your mate as you are his, so you have the same right to get to know him, and what he plans on doing."

"He's going to be at the ceremony," I said. "You can speak to him then."

"Maybe..." He trailed off. Seeing Ryan this quiet made me uncomfortable. He was so bubbly and open, and it was like someone was squeezing him in a box and he couldn't breathe.

"We'll get through it," I promised.

"But first," my mother added. "We need to get through this ceremony. Now, you remember what you need to do? You walk out onto the white carpet leading through the crowd towards the edge of the forest. At the end they'll be Adam who will welcome you to the pack as the Luna. Don't worry, you'll be amazing."

"Mum," I whispered. "I think you might be more worried than I am."

"Shut up and get your heels on," she rolled her eyes as I let out a giggle. I put on the white shoes, and took one last look in the mirror, fixing my hair over my shoulders which Ryan had so kindly curled for me.

"Let's get this over with," I said.

---------------------------------------------

Just make sure you don't fall, Lana said.

And don't look at anyone in the eyes for too long. You don't want to look like you mean any harm, Nika advised.

And don't say anything off cue, Lana added.

And don't look at Ryan or Robin, you might burst out laughing.

And make sure to smile at people.

And make sure-

Shut up both of you! I shouted at them. I've got this.

Robin, Ryan and my mother had left me alone at the exit of the pack house, where there was a carpet leading through the crowd of people to the edge of the woods. I almost stumbled as I walked towards the closed door, but managed to save myself the embarrassment.

I thought you said you've got this... Lana muttered

I thought I told you to shut up, I replied.

I opened the door and stepped outside to face dozens of eyes staring at me. My heart pounded in my chest as I walked between the crowd.

Look, smile, watch your step. Look, smile, watch your step. I chanted in my head. A little girl waved at me, so I returned the gesture causing her face to fill with glee. I reached the end of the carpet, where Adam was waiting for me dressed in a tux which fit him perfectly.

You look beautiful, he mind linked.

You too, I replied.

"As you all know, we are here to welcome my mate into this pack as Luna." he stated. "So I won't waste anymore time. As Alpha of this pack, I Adam Brenesson accept Octavia Aldaine into this pack, and herby declare her Luna."

"Long may you live!" The crowd cheered, as I grabbed Adam and planted my lips on his.

And my pack filled with applause.

---------------------------------------------
A.N:

This chapter was a bit short, but consider the double update a Christmas gift :)

Merry Christmas to you all, and hope you are all enjoying the holidays.

And if you do not celebrate anything during the holidays, hope you enjoyed the chapter anyways!

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x