D®€@M$ & †£mp+@‡¡∅Π

Castiel ends up in Sam Winchester's dream or more rather, nightmare...

++++++++++++++++++++++

"Sam!" He knew he heard the voice. It was clear as day. If only he could place a face to the deep tone. But for the life of him he couldn't open his eyes. And just to add to the sounds around him he could also pick up on the howling of the wind. And it was tugging hard on his clothing. "Sam! Open your eyes Sam!" If he could, if only he could. But they feel shut, tight against each other, as they refused to obey his command.

A feeling of fear had been bubbling within his chest but he doesn't know what for. Heart racing in quick paces. Why was he so afraid? More importantly how had he gotten here? What's the last thing he remembered?

He can't...

He can't recall, doesn't know, doesn't remember...

The fear keeps building, rising till it bubbles over-

But he feels a touch. On his arm. And it tugs at him. Harder than that of the blowing wind.

His eyes finally open and he sees, "Castiel?" Around him is a grey fog, in darkness and nothingness, the wind completely gone. He takes a deep breath as his eyes land on the being again. Hand still on his arm. And though he'd never admit it, he was glad the angel didn't let go just yet.

Castiel frowns, "Sam, you're dreaming." Sam soon copies his expression, confused, and the angel finally lets go of his arm. "You were having a nightmare. I came to assist, since I heard your prayer..." The angel trailed off.

Oh.

He felt embarrassed, needing an angel to help with his troubles. He didn't need Cas to worry with his useless issues, "Thanks Castiel. Sorry for the bother-"

Cas shook his head immediately with a stern look and demand in his eyes, "It was no bother, Sam. Always happy to help." He smiled at the human and Sam managed one too. But he doesn't know if it looked forced to the Angel.

He didn't know what nightmare he had this time, the cage, Lucifer, the hallucinations-

"It wasn't as bad as you thought. But it's best to not worry too much about it." Sam simply nodded, relief didn't fill him, but it was nice to know that it wasn't anything relating to hell. Not that any nightmare is ever great. He wondered if Castiel saw what it had been. If he'd tell him. But he didn't bother to ask. Thinking the Angel wouldn't answer him anyway.

Sam combed a hand through his hair, "So, will you be leaving now?"

Castiel looked away, a thought in his head, "Would you like me to?"

Sam shrugged, he really, doesn't know. Castiel had helped him enough, he doesn't need him again...

He shook his head no. And Castiel sighed. Sam wondered if he did anything wrong. Had he said something to upset the godly being?

But all his troubles seemed to wash away as the angel came closer, Cas had been afraid to scare away the man but he couldn't hold back any longer, reaching out a hand to Sam's slightly stubbled face. Bringing his head down until they were touching foreheads. Sam closed his eyes, feeling the cool of Cas's skin against his. Sam sighed. And in the moment he didn't feel as if an unholy being such as him deserved the attention. He wanted to turn away, draw back, run as far as possible from God's creation, but Cas had held him in place with both hands.

And a thought not his own, uttered in his mind.

"You are not unholy Sam Winchester. And though you might not believe, you were created by God in a most perfect way as closest a human could come. Never doubt that. Sam Winchester." Could he really believe those things. That he was perfect, to anyone? Even to Castiel himself? Really he wished he knew and not have to question it... But it still grew hope and thankfulness that those were spoken to him. Maybe he didn't have to believe that he was as filthy as he imagined, maybe, just maybe...

When he opened his eyes again, the angel was gone. Though the feeling of two rough hands on his face was still felt. Sam smiled down at his feet.

He was left with Castiel's lingering words, and left to dream until he awoke...