Å]] †h€$£ L]ë +h¡πg$

Everything that Sam likes about the lil angel of the lord, Castiel

‡‡‡ ‡‡‡ ‡‡‡ ‡‡‡

1. Confusion

-- There can be times where Sam has lost hope in anything ever being normal again. Albeit, he knows nothing can cross that line of normalcy in their lives. As a hunter, fighting evil, for good, he's lost a chance at having that safe haven again. But, he doesn't regret it. He's met and seen, things and people he would never get the chance of meeting again if he'd stay away. From all of it. He'd never go through all the suffering, pain, loss only to come out hearing a little 'worth it' voice in the end.

And that's exactly how he feels now, looking at the angel next to him reading a lore book. He'd forgot what they'd been doing ever since he'd layed hazel eyes on the blue eyed angel that had been concentrating on the book in hand and he'd decided it was a much better view than the splayed out words in a dusty book before him.

Just before he knew it, Castiel tilted his head again, a sense of confusion crossing his face yet eyes a little squinted. Sam smiled at the expression he's seen take over the face of the angel so much times that he made a little chuckle slip. This caught Castiel attention as his gaze sat on Sam. "Sam?"

He stared a little before answering, smile never faltering, "Yes, Cas?"

"You laughed, did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, ofcourse not."

He didn't look too convinced and so lowered the book, staring so far on Sam he thought he was really looking beyond his soul. Though, wasn't he always? "You don't have to lie Sam-"

"No, I promise, Cas. I just- its... Your..." He knew he'd never be able to finish the sentence, and even if he did he knew it would never come out the way he wanted it for the angel to understand. So he closed his mouth for the remainder of the time and Cas seemed to let it go too. But that never stopped Sam from continuing his creepy behaviour.

The little things that the angel does always seem to catch him off guard, his tilt of head, squint of eyes, (his fascination of this evil and lonely way beyond point of saving fragile earth), was captivating to watch. And once he stared he didn't stop.

Sam thought it was like such of a child seeing the world for the first time, or even when you've hit that age of when your eyes finally open to the space around you, but in a good way. Where you can see and hear everything, where you can finally understand why this why that. it was such a child-like behaviour, even for a millennium year old being. It was slightly, if not a little, freeing to see such a little sign of innocence still left in the world. And he wanted that to stay forever. Never wanted that to change for the angel.

Cause that's one thing he found fond about him and he'd keep that close for however long he'd like. It gave him hope, no matter how too late and when the world was about to end. He'd be glad knowing that small yet big detail of the angel.

And when he'd turned to Sam not understanding a small section, Sam tried his best to explain to the angel.

They spent half an hour before Sam decided its best he turned in for the night. Cas nodded as he got up and Sam smiled down at him before turning to leave, little did he know that the angel was smiling at his retreating back.

2. Smile

It was small, but it brought a little light, spark rather, in his chest. It wasn't much sometimes, it could be sad behind those lips when they curved up a little.