F|¥ †0 Y★Ū

Times where Castiel showed up in the form of a bird to greet the Sam Winchester.

1. Young Sam

The sun caught his face through the rolled down window and he struggled to look through and see the surroundings. From the other side of the car, outside, he could hear father and his big brother arguing, again. He didn't know what for, but it always seemed to upset the man when it came to Dean. He looked down at his fidgeting thumbs before something caught his attention at the window again.

Sam looked up to see a curious bird. Hopping a little as it peered down at little Sam. Sam stared back just as curiously before he spoke up, "Hello?" The bird tweeted a little as it's wings flapped at it's side. Sam took that as a greeting. "Do you have a name?" The tan brown bird, that had a little yellow dot at its head and whites at the tip of his feathers, tilted his head slightly at Sam. And Sam laughed at the expression a little, eyes closing before he looked back at the pretty bird.

Outside he heard footsteps approaching and he looked to the opposite before seeing his knew friend lean to look at him a little more before flying off. Sam paid no attention to the birds odd behaviour and stuck a hand through the window to wave at his retreating friend. "Bye..."

In came Dean and Dad and before he knew it, they drove off. Leaving what wasn't home to find another place like they have been doing his entire life. He didn't understand now but he hoped to understand soon. When he got taller and older. Just like his brother. And just like that, they were flying down the road, again.

2. At Standford

The teen stood at the bridge, watching the flowing water as tears of his own met the lake below. No matter how much he'd like to put it in the past it came catching up either way. He missed home. Or more really he missed his family. And though his Dad can have his moments he still missed him too.

But what tore him apart when he left that day was the look in his brother eyes. Defeat, regret, anger, sadness all found in the tears that threatened to spill over and paint his freckled cheeks. But Sam stood, watched, heard, and turned and didn't look back. Which was a lie because he did, not just physically to see if his brother came running after him but mentally too. The memories were what he looked back at and they kept hurting and tearing him apart just as how he was sure it did to Dean. He deserved it, a lot.

He held the railing a little tighter and watched the glowing sky. Wings flew over head and the sun that was once right over head fell in the horizon, soon to darken it's light for the coming night.

Chirp!

He looked to see a bird on the rusty railing. The bird looked at him and he looked at the bird.

Sam smiled and called his friend over. The tan winged creature happily obliged and sat in the palms of Sam's hands. Lifting them up he brought the bird to his face and touched it's tiny feathered head with his, closing his eyes and smelling the scent of forests and lush green trees. Nature, really, and it calmed him of the familiar scent. Then he felt those wings wrap around him, finally, around his head covering his closed eyes. And he welcomed the embrace he hasn't felt in a while, since... Since leaving.

He pulled back and looked at the creature and a thought came to mind, "I haven't given you a name, have I?" The bird took his head to 48°. And Sam smiled at the little gesture. "Yes."

"What about, birdie?"

The bird chirped loudly, Sam agreeing that wouldn't be a fit name.

"Okay, Arrow?"