THE JOURNEY CONTINUES 🔞

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ACTIVITIES

BELLA'S POV

I stood outside the door to Moreno's study, waiting for him to finish his phone call. I had been standing there for what felt like hours, listening to him argue with someone on the other end of the line. Finally, I heard the phone go silent, and I tentatively knocked on the door twice.

I turned to leave when I heard him say, "Come in." I took a deep breath and opened the door, entering the study. He looked exhausted, with his hair disheveled and bags under his eyes. I knew I should have felt satisfaction at seeing him like this, but all I felt was a pang of sympathy. Despite everything, I couldn't help but feel compassion for this man who was clearly suffering. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to enjoy his pain.

He gestured to the chair across from him, and I sat down quietly. He started flipping through some papers on his desk, and I felt my heart rate quicken as I waited for him to speak. After about ten minutes, he looked up from the papers and said, "You'll be using the name Isabella Armani in school. That's already been decided, and I'm not asking for your opinion, also Tiger will be with you every day of the week while you're at school. My bodyguard's name was Tiger. Crazy, right?

"Mateo will take you to meet someone who will assist you with anything you need in school".

I was completely shocked by his words, and I didn't know what to say. Before I could even get a word out, he dismissed me. "You may leave," he said. I got up from the chair and walked out of the room, still in a state of disbelief.

Two weeks flew by, and I didn't see Moreno once. Part of me was relieved, but another part of me was uneasy. What was he up to? I tried not to think about it, and I focused on preparing for my first day of school. I took a long, luxurious bath, and then went to the walk-in closet to get dressed. I picked out a stylish but comfortable outfit, eager to make a good impression on my first day.

I got new clothes sent to me the previous week, and I was glad because they were exactly what I was most comfortable in, jeans and polos. Designer handbags with different brands and designs were sent to me, and I thought they were too flashy. It's not like I had a choice.

I pulled on a pair of dark wash jeans that fit me perfectly, accentuating my curves without being too revealing. I paired the jeans with a crisp, white button-down shirt and a leather jacket. I added a simple gold necklace and a pair of black boots to complete the look. I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath, feeling confident and ready to take on the day.

I picked up my backpack to put my laptop and some notes I needed. I forgot to mention that a laptop and some notebooks were sent to me. Even though Moreno held me hostage, I was grateful to him because I was going to study something I've always been passionate about. I looked at myself in the mirror and made my way downstairs.

As I opened the door, I nearly collided with Mateo, who was standing just outside. I let out a sigh of relief that I hadn't bumped into him. I pretended I hadn't noticed him and headed to the car, "Hello, Antonio. Good morning!" I said and he smiled, responding, "You look happy today!" I grinned and replied, "Of course! Shall we get going?" As I said this, I gave him my sweetest smile. He laughed, and I got into the backseat of the car while Antonio took the driver's seat.

Just as I was starting to relax, the door opened and Mateo entered the room. I felt a knot of tension in my stomach, knowing I'd have to share a space with him, even if it was just for a few minutes. I took a seat and tried to keep calm. I'd almost forgotten I was in Spain, imagining myself back home with Liam. But then reality hit, and I felt a wave of sadness wash over me.