BELLA'S DETERMINATION

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS RATED 18+

BELLA'S POV

Moreno managed to get into the room reeking of alcohol and cigarettes, it was so bad that I had to hold my breath close to him so I wouldn't throw up.

I barely managed to hold him as I made him sit on the bed. I held my breath again as I took off his shoes and clothes, the smell of alcohol was so strong, that I wondered how much alcohol he had consumed.

After I had taken off all the pieces of clothing he had on, I barely managed to lay him in bed. I opened the window so that the cool night breeze would enter the room and cleanse the strong smell of alcohol.

I knew he was going to go crazy tomorrow morning when he woke up and realized he was completely naked under the sheets without any idea of what happened.

I closed my eyes as I tried to sleep, and a few minutes later, I heard Moreno talking in his sleep. "No..no...no... don't do that, don't do that.." he looked like he was struggling in his sleep. I nudged him to wake up.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he hugged me tightly like he was afraid to let me go.

"Bella" he cried, looking into my eyes. "Yes Moreno, I'm here," I said taking a deep breath as I touched his face softly. He looked broken, like a young boy that had been hurt. I wish he could tell me what was bothering him.

I was supposed to be happy that he was in some kind of pain, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just wasn't that kind of person.

"Don't leave" he said hugging me again.

"Don't be like them, they are all the same" I gulped and he continued "But you're different from her....from them..." he said closing his eyes and continuing with difficulty.

"I hate her so much..... I want to kill her, I'm glad you.....don't have.... the same hair color as her anymore...." he said smiling sadly and rubbing my hair.

Who was he talking about? "Who is that?" I managed to ask. I knew if I didn't ask him now, I wouldn't be able to get an answer from him when he was sane.

He laughed "She...they...they used me," he stuttered and laughed. "They both had blonde hair and their eyes used to scare me as a little boy....." he trailed off. "Moreno" I tapped him but he had already slept off.

I watched him as he slept, I held him close, he looked calm and relaxed, I couldn't help but run my hands through his hair, was he abused as a child? Is that why he hated my blonde hair? I asked myself knowing I didn't have the answers to any of these questions.

I was still angry at the things Moreno did to me, I hadn't forgotten. But first I needed to figure this man out, at least I knew I was important to him and I planned to use that against him knowing he wouldn't hurt me.

Another part of me wanted to understand him, make him get over whatever he was going through.

I quickly pushed the thought away. I had a life to live and I wasn't going to keep being under his control, I wanted my freedom and I was going to get it.

I was determined to make him vulnerable just like he did to me, he took away my freedom and I was going to make him pay. I knew it was easier to think about it than implement it, but I was determined.

If only he was a teeny bit nice to me I would have considered staying. But none of this was my choice, it was all imposed on me.

He raped me, took away my virginity, my first kiss. I wasn't going to forgive him for that.

The next morning, I got up before Moreno and placed a pill of pain relief and a glass of water next to him so he would take it when he woke up.

I needed to start putting my plans in motion, he was beginning to trust me, making the whole process easy for me.