2

"Alright, that was Magnus Song's performance with 'One Day at a Time,' ranking tenth on the Billboard this week. Magnus, feel free to join us again."

Mingi approached, and the young woman hosting the morning show on BBC smiled widely. She gestured for Mingi to retake his seat on the long sofa provided for guests. "So, Magnus, top ten on Billboard? How do you feel?"

The young man, wearing a grey shirt with thin white stripes on the sleeves, tried to contain his proud smile. "Amazing," he said, accompanied by a happy laugh that may not have reached the corners of his eyes. Mingi was, of course, happy. It was his song's best achievement throughout his music career. However, reaching the top ten after almost four months of the single's release wasn't the achievement he aimed for.

This was the bridge song to his third album, and Song Mingi understood the significance of the third album. The first album is an appetizer; you let the world taste your music but shouldn't be too idealistic. The second album is usually an exploration phase, where musicians begin to develop ideas about how they want to be remembered and what type of audience they want to love their music. If you aren't quite successful with the first and second albums, you can still be forgiven. But the third album is decisive.

Mingi had proven himself with his first and second albums in the UK and Ireland markets, as well as some other European countries, but he hadn't yet cracked the American market. His producer offered him options from labels. Change his image and also mean changing his music to a more easily accepted genre, or collaborate on a flagship single with some famous names currently trending in the American music market. Mingi leaned more towards the second option, as long as the names offered to him weren't artists whose music he considered trash.

Suddenly, Mingi could hear his producer's sarcastic words, "You can't get everything you want, Song." Mingi hated his last name in that sentence. It took art to make a neutral family name sound like a mockery or scornful words. And usually, Mingi was the one better at that.

He took a breath and tried to push aside thoughts about the other solutions offered to him. Focusing his gaze on the rose brooch worn by the host in a black blazer in front of him, Mingi added, "You know, success often has to be tasted little by little." The young woman who had been interviewing him for fifteen minutes now seemed to nod impressively.

Rubbish! Mingi cursed in his mind. He didn't believe at all that hard work could change anything. He was raised with the principle that some people are destined to succeed in a field, while others are just complements to suffer. He succeeded in acting, in business, and in the socialite world. There were some flaws, of course, to note Mingi's arrogant nature. But he felt it was fair to be arrogant with all his achievements now.

But music, a different story. Mingi was talented; he had enough money to make his music according to his own desires without much interference, although it didn't mean completely pushing away those who wanted to intervene. He had many fanatic fans who would buy anything he threw into the market. But still, for music, he was the second class. A complement to suffering.

Mingi was required to be in the first class in every field he pursued. He knew because he had made himself demand that.

"Okay. Let's move on to another topic. We have something here." The red-haired woman in front of him pointed to the big screen behind them. A photo appeared, one taken from the filming location of Madness for Two. Mingi, wearing a yellow shirt and green pants, laughed foolishly while dancing in the rain. Meanwhile, Jung Yunho looked at him in surprise, holding a black umbrella tightly.

Mingi felt like dying. It was the most ridiculous scene he had ever done. No, the role in this movie was the most ridiculous he had ever taken. Plus, he didn't like people like Choi Jongho. Unfortunately, the director was the one who brought Mingi's name to win an award for Best Supporting Cast at the Academy Awards. His previous film, "Build God, Then We'll Talk," was a great success both in the market and in terms of quality as a work of art. So, he couldn't resist San, who readily agreed to another collaboration with that Choi guy.