9

Yunho leaned back until he felt the cold metal of the closet handle against his back.

Mingi's face was too close, and his brown eyes were really distracting Yunho's concentration.

"All you need to do is stay quiet, accept all the praise I give you, and you can have a glass of beer before we go out in front of the paparazzi so your face looks flushed, as if my words had an effect on you. You just need to give vague answers to questions related to this. Any questions?"

"Why me?" Yunho took off his glasses and dared to look into Mingi's slightly blurred figure now. His grip on his glasses was weak, and the alcohol plus fatigue made him a bit dizzy.

"Because that song is from your poem."

For a moment, Yunho knew that was not the sentence he hoped for. He hoped Mingi would say something much more malicious, like "you just happened to be the closest victim" or "I pity your low popularity" or anything. And not something about Yunho's poetry. Not about something Yunho created.

What Yunho least expected was Mingi's gaze at him now. As if he truly admired Yunho's poem. As if he now valued Yunho because of that poem.

Yunho didn’t like the glimpse of admiration in Mingi’s eyes.

"Ah! You’re building another bridge for the success of your third album."

Since Mingi decided to play the nice guy, Yunho decided to do the opposite. He would throw the harshest reality at Mingi until the young man returned to being an antagonist without any pretense towards Yunho.

"And giving a little publicity about how amazing you are as an actor. Yunho, the entertainment world is a commercial industry. You need advertising to promote yourself if you don't want to be just a part-time worker." That was not the answer Yunho hoped for. Mingi sighed as if holding back his patience. He brushed his dirty blonde hair back, and his expression held a frustration Yunho didn’t understand. Mingi didn’t need to be patient with Yunho.

Mingi hated him. He had underlined that fact since the first day they met in person.

Yunho didn’t need Mingi to change his mind.

Because Yunho wasn’t a fan of something called change. Yunho hated Mingi, too. And nothing would change that.

Unless… who knows. What was clear was that Mingi wasn’t making himself worthy of Yunho’s hate right now with his face holding back emotions and trying hard to be patient. Waiting for Yunho’s response.

But Yunho was a hard worker, he would keep trying to hate Mingi.

So Yunho shook his head, then tried to keep his thin smile to a minimum. "Seeing you in my apartment, I really hated you. I almost shouted 'Go to hell' when I saw you rummaging through my vinyls. But it seems hell is too good a place for someone as manipulative as you."

"It doesn’t matter, I’ll go to hell if it means ensuring you get into heaven, hoe."

Yunho didn’t like the mocking nickname Mingi now used with a seductive, husky voice. And he didn’t like his flushed face and hated knowing that the flush wasn’t caused by alcohol. But by Mingi.

"I'm not sure that the sacrifice of a self-absorbed asshole like you will help me get into heaven, shiba." Yunho tried to hide his cynical smirk after finishing that sentence.

Mingi handed Yunho's beer bottle back to him. "I'm just an opportunist like most other people. At least I’ve never killed anyone. Be a bit nice to me, hoe."

Yunho took a swig of his beer. Then smiled faintly while looking at the composition on the beer bottle. "Don’t expect my sympathy."

He walked towards his storage cabinet. "Do you want anything?" he asked lightly. Then a second later quickly added, "Not as a peace offering, just to emphasize that I remain a gentleman, even if my guest enters my house without my knowing."