8

So, a week later, he got a pretty decent role in a sitcom, he just watered the rubber tree, occasionally. The bonsai rubber tree looked pitiful. But still alive.

And now when he saw the tree, he remembered the old woman's smile on him that day. And a side in his heart that believed he was tough enough emerged.

Not so strong. Not so big. But the hope was there and it was enough.

Unfortunately, as soon as he opened the door, he heard the voice of the number one person he didn't want to hear in this world.

"You have a nice vinyl collection, Jung."

Yunho was very protective of his vinyl records. So when he entered the lounge and saw Mingi randomly taking out some of his valuable vinyl collections, Yunho was sure his face turned red with anger. "How the fuck did you get in?!" Yunho asked sarcastically, snatching The Marshall Mathers LP and Hunky Dory from Song Mingi's hand.

Mingi raised his eyebrows and put on an incredibly annoying shocked expression. "Calm down, Jung. I don't intend to steal anything."

"Sure, you've already stolen a kiss and my life. What else do you want?" Yunho didn't even wait a second until Mingi's sentence was completely finished to say it.

Mingi's brown eyes gazed into Yunho's for a few moments. One thing Mingi hated when he first saw Yunho directly on the shooting location was his fearless smile, but when he looked into his eyes, he could see a wound there.

And deep inside him, somehow, Mingi wanted to make Yunho talk about what hurt him. And there was always a force that made Mingi silent every time he looked into Yunho's eyes.

It didn't make sense, indeed.

And thank goodness Mingi's annoying attitude towards almost all crew members managed to provoke Yunho to always oppose him. Mingi wouldn't say he missed quarrels with Yunho. Arguing with this guy was fun to a certain extent, but that wasn't why he came here. Mingi slapped himself in his mind.

Mingi began, "Has anyone told you yet?"

Yunho gritted his teeth before taking a breath, trying to hold back his fists. He answered shortly, "Yes."

"Did you accept this offer?"

"Am I in a position to negotiate about this?"

Mingi smirked cynically, "You're smart," then grabbed the vinyl record Yunho was still holding, as he was about to put it back on the glass table in front of the TV where a stack of Yunho's other vinyl records was arranged in a cardboard box in mayonnaise yellow.

Yunho said, "Of course, it's not me suddenly kissing my archenemy in front of dozens of paparazzi."

Mingi sighed after a momentary pause caused by Yunho's response.

"Well, it's not a good move, I don't understand why I kissed lips that were not attractive at all. Thin and very ordinary." When he came here, Mingi promised himself that he would come, talk to Yunho, and leave peacefully. But it seemed that anything involving Yunho always made Mingi lose self-control, including last night's kiss. So he sneered, and he was sure they would soon engage in another argument.

"Oh? Not attractive? And you kissed me for a full minute, just so you know, pervert!" Yunho played his skills that had been increasingly trained since he started shooting with Mingi, making the most annoying tone every time he spoke to this Magnus guy.

"And your mouth is not attractive either. I know your sex life is frustrating, but shouldn't you be able to control yourself better? Tsk tsk..." Mingi rolled his eyes and put on a mocking look. He now stood facing Yunho.

Yunho stepped forward and put his hands on his hips. "As if your sex life is better, Mingi. At least I don't have to sleep with every girl in Hollywood to prove my virility, shiba!" Yunho called Mingi that because Mingi's face reminded him of the shiba inu that once hurt him.

Mingi let out a mocking laugh, "You? Virile? Sure, liking creatures with the same sex can be called virile, hoe!" Mingi looked at Yunho with disgust. Most importantly, he could mock Yunho.

Yunho's face turned red now. Mingi didn't need to bring up his sexual orientation in this routine quarrel. For a few seconds, he was silent. Folding his hands in front of his chest and arrogantly raising his chin, feeling victorious.

"You don't need to remind me, you know?" Yunho now raised his face again and tried to give the most evil look he could to another living being. But he knew he failed. He knew there was a teardrop welling up. And he knew his hot face invited tears.

At that moment, when those round eyes with the wound looked at Mingi, Mingi knew he had crossed his line.

Silence gripped the room.

Yunho took a breath and began, "It's not you they call disgusting, Mingi. It's not you they call a faggot. It's not you they remember the scandal for. And I don't ask you to understand, really. Because no matter how much you're hated, I will never wish for another human to feel what I feel." He stopped. His breath caught. And a tear couldn't be held back.

Mingi opened his mouth. A millisecond ago his consciousness told him he should apologize. But nothing came out. His mouth opened and only left the word unspoken. Oxygen exchanged, but no apology uttered.

He couldn't apologize. Never. Never when he regretted. Never even when he truly felt guilty.

"What do you really want to say?" Yunho now walked away from Mingi, towards the kitchen. Reaching for the cabinet above the stove and grabbing a small bottle of beer. Then leaned against the kitchen wall.

Mingi stood still in his place. Not sure if he should approach Yunho or not.

But a distant position might be better for them right now.

"Have you understood our position now?"

"Yes," Yunho replied, short and cold.

"Do you object to the plan we made?"

"A little," he replied again, with a tone that showed no interest at all.

"Which part do you not agree with? Can we discuss it? You know, I don't mind finding a middle ground." Mingi let Yunho's cruel sneer on him. Yunho had a good reason to hate him. Well, basically, entering someone's house without the owner's permission was clearly a good reason to be hated.

The tall young man repeated some of the reasons why he chose to visit Yunho's apartment manager, and pulled out his ultimate move to get whatever he wanted, you know? Something we call the power of money.

Mingi grinned in his mind because now he realized that the only reason he chose to come tonight and just enter Jung Yunho's apartment was because he wanted to show his power.

Wrong intention, he thought.

"Hey?" Mingi called Yunho, who had finished his beer, and clearly tried to ignore Mingi's presence now.

Yunho narrowed his eyes and let out a mocking snort at Mingi.

"The part where I'm involved in this. Can't you create another mess and not involve me, shiba?"

Enough, thought Mingi. Yunho might be as angry as he pleases, but he hated the cold responses that left an empty trace afterwards more than Yunho's increasingly creative taunts day by day.

"Listen," said Mingi as he walked closer, "if I had a better choice, I wouldn't want to be involved in our current situation either."

Yunho chuckled, truly chuckled. "Okay. You don't like this situation, yet you're suggesting it."

Mingi stood, grabbing the second bottle of beer Yunho had just finished. He now stood silently in front of his drink cabinet. "I don't need this conversation if my interlocutor can't keep himself conscious during the conversation."

Yunho snorted. His face mocked Mingi. "Long sentences, Song. Take a break, it must be making your shrimp brain ache."

"Listen, we're not married, we're not dating, you don't even have to admit to having feelings for me, got it?"