11

There was an ear-splitting ringing.

Yunho thought the fire alarm was going off. But after forcing himself to open his eyes, he only saw his phone vibrating on the glass desk. His TV displayed a blue screen, a remnant of a DVD that wasn’t properly turned off. For a moment, he wondered if he would wake up to find everyone turned into zombies like in *The Walking Dead*. His head felt as foggy as Rick's at the moment. Or maybe Jack Skellington after pretending to be Santa Claus and giving out spider nests as Christmas presents.

Whatever, Yunho thought.

He closed his eyes again, glancing at the wall clock and deciding that one in the afternoon was still too early for his current condition.

But someone calling Yunho’s phone seemed to disagree, as the caller rang again, causing the damned device to vibrate incessantly. Didn’t they know Yunho had spent his entire beer supply for two weeks just last night?

Eventually, he struggled to sit up. Besides the headache, nausea began to creep into his stomach. Ignoring his phone, he rushed to the bathroom, emptying the contents of his stomach and trying to recall when he had last eaten.

Ah, a slice of pizza that Mingi had ordered last night.

Wait.

Pizza? With mushrooms? Yunho didn’t like mushrooms, but Mingi didn’t know that.

And Mingi? Since when did he let Mingi order pizza for him?

Oh right! Yunho suddenly had a revelation, and then he vomited again.

After washing his face and brushing his teeth, he stared at his reflection in the mirror and gave himself an annoyed look.

Last night, Song Mingi somehow ended up in his apartment. Yunho had forgotten to interrogate Mingi about that. And it seemed that alcohol had made Yunho agree to get along with Mingi for a while. Yunho closed his eyes and took a few seconds to steady his breathing. He washed his face again, letting the collar of his gray-blue sweatshirt get wet from the splash of water.

Yunho decided to ignore the dizziness that had improved significantly after his last bout of vomiting, perhaps having expelled some brain cells, which definitely made his head feel lighter.

On the glass desk in front of the sofa where he had slept were two torn aspirin pills to ease his headache and a sealed bottle of mineral water. He suspected Mingi had prepared them. And his suspicion was justified because:

1. As far as Yunho remembered, Mingi was the only person who had sneaked into Yunho’s apartment last night.

2. Because there was a business card from Mingi used to write a farewell note before leaving Yunho, complete with his legendary signature.

The note read:

“Enjoy your hangover, hoe.”

Yunho crumpled the business card and threw it towards the trash can at the end of the room, but his aim was terrible this morning and the throw missed badly. After taking his medicine and deciding to order delivery from Taco Bell, Yunho finally paid attention to his phone. There were five missed calls and a text message asking Yunho to check his email as soon as possible. Yunho could check his email on his smartphone, but his stomach needed nourishment. So he decided that calling Taco Bell was more important for his survival at the moment.

As he placed his order, Yunho took out his laptop from under the glass desk and started checking his email. There was a lot of spam and unnecessary notifications, along with a few job offers from names he didn’t recognize. He found an email from Yeosang with only two lines containing a link address.