20

Mingi knew he was no better than that coward. He was also just exploiting the situation from his relationship with Yunho. He intended to use Yunho’s poetry to his advantage. And essentially, he would eventually leave Yunho just like Hongjoong had.

Leave Yunho and quickly start another relationship with a woman. Mingi wasn’t interested in actually getting married. But maybe now was the right time to stop being a jerk playboy and accept the girl his parents had offered.

Mingi felt guilty towards Yunho.

He wasn’t sure why. Maybe because after this, he would only leave Yunho in an even more pathetic position.

Even though Yunho agreed.

Even though they had it in black and white.

Even though Yunho understood the risks. Mingi didn’t understand why he was starting to feel guilty.

In fact, he didn’t even understand how Yunho made him feel a roller coaster of mixed emotions since the beginning of all this.

Mingi’s thoughts were interrupted when he felt an unfamiliar weight on his shoulder. He opened his eyes to find Yunho’s head resting on his shoulder, now asleep.

Yunho’s chest rose and fell with a calm breathing pattern.

Mingi used the rearview mirror to inspect their position now. And Yunho’s sleeping expression. Ignoring San’s all-knowing look mixed with a warning stare. No, San. I won’t fall in love with Yunho.

"I warned you."

That was San’s last voice throughout the night. After that, he remained silent. And after a while, appreciating Yunho’s red lips, his long, graceful eyelashes now closed, his disheveled black hair, Yunho’s head started to weigh more and his position lowered further. Mingi felt uncomfortable and knew Yunho must be uncomfortable too.

So, he supported Yunho’s head with one hand, adjusting his position to the other side of the car seat. Gradually bringing Yunho to sleep on Mingi’s lap. The young man’s thighs became his pillow now.

Mingi felt a strong affection for the younger man, who was about two years younger than him.

He unconsciously started to touch Yunho’s hair, making gentle strokes, ignoring San’s knowing smile.

When they arrived at Yunho’s apartment, Mingi was relieved that the paparazzi waiting there were only a quarter of the force he had encountered at the studio. Yunho, waking up with a dazed face, held Mingi’s hand tightly and leaned in as they passed through the camera flashes.

Mingi positioned himself in front of Yunho and ensured they stayed close. He didn’t want to suddenly lose Yunho in the midst of people who seemed curious but didn’t really care. They were doing this just for work. Just like why Mingi was holding Yunho now. This was for work. Mingi repeated it like a mantra in his head.

When they reached the lobby, Yunho whispered, "I met a café owner this morning. I’ll treat you to coffee tomorrow morning at nine."

"How do you know I don’t have plans?"

"Yeosang. Not only does your secretary know my schedule, but my secretary also knows yours." Maybe it was the brief rest earlier, but Yunho was able to smile again. Rubbing his eyes, he looked much younger and more vulnerable than his actual age.

Mingi tried hard to keep from stepping closer and hugging Yunho tightly. Because Yunho’s sleepy face was too sweet. And wasn’t it illegal for a twenty-five-year-old to look this cute?

He sighed as if reluctantly accepting the invitation. "Okay. But next time, if you want to thank me, you’ll have to treat me to something more expensive."

Yunho responded to Mingi’s smirk with a confident smile. Mingi wasn’t sure how the man could still maintain such a reassuring smile despite the tragedies in his past.

Yunho was clearly very strong.

Mingi only realized this at that moment.

"Next time," Yunho said, stepping closer hesitantly, the camera flashes still piercing their skin even though now they could only be photographed from behind the building’s glass doors, "thank you," Yunho whispered quickly before giving Mingi a quick kiss on the cheek.

Along with that, Mingi could feel a more intense flash of light. Almost like there was a heavy rain outside. Fortunately, the clicking sounds of cameras didn’t sound like thunder.

Yunho stepped back and looked too nervous to maintain the confident smile he had shown earlier. "I’ll text you the address later. Good night."

Mingi wanted to stop Yunho’s steps. But he just stood there, watching Yunho until he entered and disappeared behind the closed elevator doors.

Mingi wanted to ask about the kiss.

He really wanted to.

But it wasn’t the right time. Or maybe Mingi wasn’t ready for the answer if Yunho asked him back afterward.