18| He's Free

"The ball starts at seven, okay?" My mom said, she stood in her closet trying to sort out her clothes

"The ball starts at seven, okay?" My mom said, she stood in her closet trying to sort out her clothes. "I need to get rid of all of this, I don't even wear this no more."

"So, the ball is just something that I have to go to now?"

My mom walked out with a pile of clothes. "Well, you did expose your true identity so, yes, you have to go."

I rolled my eyes and threw myself back on the bed.

"Please don't mess up my bed," my mom spoke again.

I got up and went to my room. I have a dress, Cole and Charlotte is coming over but I just don't have the energy to go.

My head isn't sore anymore, there's just a scar now. However, I'm not sure if I could even put makeup on it.

Well, I'm putting makeup on it anyway.

Another thing, my dad brought Tiago back. I was so upset that he would even consider it, he even made him watch over me again.

But I'm staying as far as I can from him. I don't need him to follow me like a lost dog. I don't need any man to fucking protect me.

"Rosette?" My mom called out. "There's a package here for you."

I didn't order anything?

I walked down the stairs to see a large box in front of me. "What did you order?" My dad asked as he looked down.

"I didn't order anything," I told him.

His eyes became dark with concern. I began to open the package, a metallic smell immediately escaped from the box. But it wasn't just metallic, it was something far more vile.

I ripped the box and seen what was inside.

"What the fuck!?" My father shouted at me. "Why did you fucking order that!?"

"I didn't order it!"

A human hand.

A bloody, bruised human hand.

I moved the box to see a small note at the bottom.

He's free.

Before my dad could see the note, I took the box and threw it in the fireplace. I lit a match and set it on fire.

"Oh for fucks sake!" My dad whined. "Now the whole house is going to smell like rotting flesh."