-𝕭𝖆𝖈𝖐𝖚𝖕, 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖇𝖑𝖊, 𝕾𝖍𝖎𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖗-

-The Devil You Know-

-Chapter One: Backup, Marble, Shimmer-

"Seventeen to go"

-Salt Lake City - Utah-

"He can fly, yet he's going to be late?" A bored Deborah Alder sat on a chair outside, drinking a tropical drink.

"Nonsense Deb...he's probably just...just busy or something" Nolan said, his arms folded.

"Guess he got that from you huh?" Debbie replied, reading a newspaper.

"I'm never late" Nolan refuted, but it took all but one look from Debbie to crack him. "Alright, well you try fling so you don't disturb the birds migration"

"Hey, I'm not complaining, saved money on all those flights to the Maldives" She chuckled.

Nolan and his wife had someone the hero business didn't have a lot of, and that was a good marriage.

"Okay seriously, where is he?" Debbie asked, slightly worried for her only son.

"...I hear him" Nolan said, as a second later, Debbie saw her son flying in.

He landed in the front lawn, making sure to land on the stone path, as he always got yelled at for landing on the grass.

"What time do you call this?" Debbie asked, standing from her chair, drink still in hand.

"I'm not that late...am I?" You asked, huffing a little, a lot of flight could make you pretty winded.

"Debbie lets not...do this now okay" Nolan put his hands on his wife's shoulders. "This is a time of...moderate celebration"

"Moderate?" You asked

"Moderate?" You asked. "I'm assuming I didn't get in then"

You were referring to your audition for The Seven, the most popular hero team in the current day.

You wanted to follow in your fathers footsteps, as he was not only a part of, but the leader of the top hero group in the 90's to early 2000's, The Sun Syndicate.

You father, and all of the previous members are now retired, but they're actually all great friends still, a few of them still having a foot in the hero business.

Your father, or to call him his hero name, Captain Solar, was fully retired, not wanting a lot to do with the hero industry anymore.

His team were all still alive, and all named your godfathers/godmothers, it was hard being impressed by The Deep showing up to your birthday party when the whole Sun Syndicate were casually talking about their children's little league games.