-Chapter 1-

Yuvaan looked at the girl sitting in front of him

Yuvaan looked at the girl sitting in front of him. He could have had security handle her, but she appeared so young and innocent that he couldn't bring himself to call the cops. That's how his security team would have handled the situation. He cursed himself for not being able to make a tough call. Despite the warnings from his security team, he had brought her to his condo. The girl seemed genuinely troubled, and having been raised by a woman who believed in offering a helping hand, he couldn't just turn her away.

Roshni looked around in awe. His house was exactly as she had imagined. The living room exuded an air of luxurious simplicity. The huge wall with the fireplace boasted a large, captivating painting that immediately drew her attention. It was a painting of the Rockstar with his mother, the artist beautifully capturing the smile on the Rockstar's face. It was a smile she hadn't had the pleasure of seeing before. She had almost convinced herself that he had some neurological disorder preventing him from smiling. She was glad to be proven wrong. The smile suited him, making him seem more human. She scolded herself for losing focus, reminding herself of her purpose.

Yuvaan cleared his throat to draw her attention. She hadn't said a word during the entire drive, and her silence troubled him more than her wild theories. Roshni looked up, noticing a hint of annoyance in his perfect features. She blinked away her foggy thoughts and smiled, "Bohot pyara ghar hai aapka Rockstar (You have a lovely house, Rockstar), how many people do you employ, yaar? Is ghar ko saaf karne me he halfte lag jayenge nehi (It must take ages to get a house this cleaned)?"

"You want to see my expense sheet, kid?" Yuvaan couldn't curb his annoyance. He hadn't brought her home to discuss domestic chores. His mother would be back soon, and he wanted her gone by then.

"Wow! Some temper, Rockstar. Aap sabke saath aise he baat karte ho (Do you talk to everyone this way)? How very charming, Rockstar. No wonder you are unmarried...... ouch, how can you get married when you are already married to me? Hai na (Correct?)?"

"What nonsense, kid...."

"Ae, yeh kid kid bolna band karo aap, ok! Aapse bas saath saal chote hoon, koi bache nehi hoon. (Stop calling me Kid. I am only seven years your junior.) I am 23....." She saw him rolling his eyes and reached for her ID card. The moron would not believe her without proof. Yuvaan did not reach for it, but she forced it into his hands. He saw the ID card and looked at her, shocked.

"Did you fake this?"

Roshni took a deep breath. She felt like shaking him but resisted. "You have a great security team, right? Have them verify this. If they find out I am lying, I walk away immediately."

The confidence with which she said that told him that she was not lying, but he still called his security head and asked him to run a background check on her. It was 11 in the night, but his security team knew how to get information. He trusted them to do their job.