-Chapter 5-

Roshni picked up her bag as soon as the lawyer left

Roshni picked up her bag as soon as the lawyer left. Her purpose was served, and she had no more reason to stay.

She approached Saakshi and held her hands. "Thank you, Kaaki. Court ke date aa jaye to ek call kar dena. Main aa jaoge (Once we get the court date, let me know, I will come immediately). Thank you so much for everything."

Saakshi looked at her. She knew that if she walked out, she would be on her own, at risk. She was worried for her.

"Tumne bataya nehi, kaha jaa rahe ho (where will you be staying?)?"

Roshni's smile dimmed slightly, but then she smiled brighter. "Are secret hai, kaaki. Kaise aap ko bata doon. Phir to secret nehi rahega na (It's a secret, kaaki, if I tell you that, it will no longer be a secret, right)?"

"That is not what mom asked, Roshni. Where will you go? Hostel?" Yuvaan spoke up. She was not fooling anyone. He had suspicions that she had nowhere to go.

"That is none of your business, rockstar. I am free to go wherever I want to go," Roshni insisted. "My life, my rules. No one dictates the law for me. No one takes that tone..." She stopped when she realized she was overreacting. She had been so used to people trying to dictate her life that she tended to become defensive without reason. She closed her eyes, frustrated. Saakshi wanted to hug her. She had been the same way after she had walked away from Mewar. She still found it difficult to give up control. That was the reason why she never looked at another man. She was too wary to trust anyone.

"Your life is your own, Roshni. Yuvaan did not mean it that way," Diya broke the awkwardness.

Roshni opened her eyes, embarrassed. "Sorry..."

"Don't, Roshni," Saakshi cut her off gently. "You were not completely wrong. Your life, your rules, but right now your life is entangled with Yuvaan's. As long as you bear his name, you are a Rajpoot. Just tell us where you are going. We need to know that you are safe."

Roshni sighed. She knew they were worried, but she did not want them to feel obliged to protect her. She could protect herself just well.

"Ok fine," Yuvaan gave in. "I am sorry, I took that tone. Just... Just tell me where you are going. Mom will be worried!"

Roshni looked at Saakshi. She did not wish to worry her.

"There is an old abandoned house in the forest..."

"What the heck, woman? Abandoned house, do you have any idea how risky it is..."

"YUVAAN," Saakshi warned.

"Come on, mom. She is a helpless kid..."

"Who said I am helpless, Rockstar?" Roshni's eyes blazed.

"Listen, kid..."

"You think, just because you have a six-pack you are strong? Is that your definition of strength? Muscles?"

"Roshni..."