-Chapter 6-

The soft melodies of the guitar flowed through the house, flirting with the wind, making their way into Roshni's room

The soft melodies of the guitar flowed through the house, flirting with the wind, making their way into Roshni's room. Even in sleep, Roshni smiled. The melody was made to tease a smile. Roshni opened her eyes and looked around. The fleeting second of panic that rose was drowned by the melody. She pushed herself upright and grabbed her pillow, hugging it to her chest. She could feel the joy in the song.

"Why, God, why did you have to give him the one gift that is my weakness??? Ufffff," Roshni whined, "why could he not bray like a donkey? Why do you hate me so much, Bhagwanji?"

The melody changed, the music became fast-paced. She could feel the restlessness that matched her own state. Somehow that made her feel at peace. At least the guy was not having a gala time when she was so agitated. She got down from the bed and stretched herself. She could feel the cramps in her body. She hated spring beds. They were too comfortable for her liking. She preferred something hard, like coir. She did not think the rockstar would indulge her craziness. She had already given him enough reasons to hate her.

She needed a shower and a change of clothes. With a sudden start, she realized that she did not have any. She did not know what to wear. She needed to go back and get her clothes. The ones she was wearing were elegant but they were not her style. She preferred lighter garments with a bold look. Elegance was not her thing; she believed in making a statement. For now, she could make do. She decided to take a quick shower and deal with the matter at hand.