-Chapter 3-

Yuvaan picked her up in his arms and rushed inside

Yuvaan picked her up in his arms and rushed inside. At that moment, all he could think about was her and her alone. She was too young to be fainting. Akhtar followed him inside, troubled. The rockstar had a big heart and often landed in trouble because of it. The world thought of the man as arrogant, rude, and shallow. A rockstar who was high on fame. A womanizer with no morals. That was all a facade. He knew the reality. The man was a softie at heart. He was shy, and that made him sound rude. His hesitation was often misinterpreted as arrogance. Women flocked around him, and that was no fault of his. He always kept them at a respectable distance. He had yet to be seen with a girl who he had dated seriously. Most of his dates ended with one dinner. The man had really high standards! And he had a heart as generous as the ocean. 70% of his earnings were donated to various charities across the world, but he never showcased it. Akhtar was worried that the girl would take advantage of his gentleness.

"Sir, let me call the cops..."

Yuvaan silenced him with a look, "Call mom, she needs a doctor." His voice left no scope for argument. Akhtar left reluctantly. Yuvaan placed her gently on his bed. He did not realize he had taken her to his bedroom. Now that they were already there, he realized he should have taken her to the guest bedroom. He set his hesitation aside and reached for the towels from the closet. She looked completely soaked. She would need a change of clothes. Diya always left spare clothes in the guest bedroom. They had so many night outs in his place, that it was a common practice. Like he had a closet in her home, so did she in his. No one questioned it, or rather they learned to accept the fact that they were indeed nothing but friends, and they respected it.

"Kya hua, Yuvi (What happened, Yuvi)?" Saakshi's voice startled him. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Dekho mumma, behos ho gaye hai woh. Ek baar dekh lo aap. (She lost consciousness, mumma. Check her once.), She was getting drenched in the rain."

Saakshi took one look at her and reached for her hand. She relaxed when the pulse was stable. The girl was indeed very stubborn. "Sare raat bahar khade rahe woh? (was she standing out all night?)" She looked at Akhtar, he nodded in confirmation. Saakshi sighed, what did the girl want? There was no way they would accept the marriage. Her son deserved to be free. He deserved to choose his own bride. She had not been given a choice; she had been 9 when she had been wed to the monster who called herself her husband. Her life had been a lesson in abuse and humiliation. The day she held Yuvaan in her arms for the first time, she had promised herself that her child would not have the same fate. She had fought everyone for Yuvaan, but still, she could not free the boy from the shackles.

She was startled out of her thoughts when Yuvaan handed her a change of clothing. "Kafe bheeg gaye hai woh, mumma (She is drenched, mumma). Help her change. I will wait out."

Saakshi looked at her son. She could clearly see the worry in his eyes. He was too softhearted. She did not know how to protect him. Yuvaan moved out with Akhtar closing the door behind. Saakshi turned back to Roshni. She looked so young and innocent that her heart went out to her. She was fighting for her child's happiness, but she was discarding another child's future. She knew Roshni could not have had it easy. Those people treated women like slaves. She did not know how she managed to defy them and come so far, but whatever it is, she could not let herself be entangled with them. They were dangerous people. The only reason they left them alone is because she had left the country with Yuvaan after the divorce. She had stayed away for 17 years. They had returned back to India only after Yuvaan had become a rockstar. They could not hurt them in any way because Yuvaan made sure to invest in the best security system. If they let themselves be entangled again, they would have to face the brunt. She knew she was being selfish, but she wanted her son safe. Those people would not hesitate to kill for honor. They had a law unto themselves. She refused to risk her own child.