-Chapter 10-

Starting this week, the book will be updated on Friday and Tuesday

Yuvaan looked at his mother. She was the one person he could never defy, but at that moment, he knew he could not let Roshni walk away. She had not asked for what happened. She was not given a choice in what happened. He could not overlook the fact.

He gently removed his hand from his mother's grip.

"Yuvaan?" Saakshi looked at him hurt.

"She is innocent, mumma. You are right now, very high on emotion. You do not know what you are asking for. This is not right, mumma."

Saakshi took a step back, hurt. Yuvaan looked at Harshad, "Aap mumma ke saath ruko, uncle. (Stay with mumma, uncle). I will go stop Roshni."

Harshad nodded his head, relieved. He was worried for the girl. She had walked away in the middle of the night. After what happened, he could not even be sure that she would be unharmed. Yuvaan rushed out of the house. Saakshi sat down with a thud. She never expected her son to defy her so openly.

"He chose her over me." Her voice was heavy with tears. Harshad crouched down before her. That was not the Saakshi he knew. She was behaving like a typical mother-in-law. He never fathomed Saakshi could behave that way.

"He did nothing like that, Saakshi. He just chose to do the right thing."

"You are saying I am wrong?" Saakshi looked at him hurt.

"You are, Saakshi." Saakshi visibly stiffened. Harshad gentled his tone, "You know what Saakshi, 20 years ago, who were in the girl's place. You know better than anyone else what it means to be a daughter-in-law of that family. The girl is dealing with the situation to the best of her ability...."

"She brought them to our door, Harshad. She is responsible for what happened."

"Were you responsible for what happened to you and Yuvaan?"

"I walked away from them, Harshad...."

"So did she, Saakshi. What you are not seeing in your anger is that the girl is very young. She did not have your experience or your maturity. When you walked out, you already knew what those people could do; you had seen the worst. So you never faltered. You never looked back. Roshni might have faltered, Saakshi. Bache hai woh (She is very young)....."