-Chapter 13-

Sunday Mornings were the most peaceful morning in the Rajpoot household, or they used be, before Roshni came in

Sunday Mornings were the most peaceful morning in the Rajpoot household, or they used be, before Roshni came in. The sound of blazing alarms startled Yuvaan out of his sleep. He rushed out to check what was happening. As he entered the hall his nostrils were assaulted by the smell of burnt food. He rushed into the kitchen, only to find Diya and Roshni running around the kitchen like headless chicken.

Yuvaan looked at the stove. A pan was on fire. Roshni was trying her best to put the fire down but it was no easy task.

"Are kuch kar Roshni (Do something Roshni)" Diya urged her. "Ladoo uth jayega, yaar. (Ladoo will wake up)"

"Bujh nehi raha hai di. Pani bhi nehi dal sakte. (I am not able to put out the fire, di. I am trying my best)"

"What are you two doing in mom's kitchen?" Yuvaan crossed his arms and glared at the two of them. They saw him standing there and cringed. Both were well acquainted with Yuvaan Rajpoot's temper.

"Mere galti hai (It's my fault)." Both said together and looked at each other.

Yuvaan walked to the stove and tuned covered the wok on fire with a big frying pan. The flames shot up once but them extinguished quickly as the oxygen supply was cut off. Roshni relaxed, but her relief was short lived as suddenly he was drenched in water. She looked up shocked to see the sprinklers at work. 

"Great, just great" Yuvaan hissed as hew as drenched to the core. The fire alarm triggered the sprinklers, the girls forgot to turn it off. He realized he should have focused on the alarms first, but seeing Roshni so close to fire he had acted on instinct. Now he cursed his instincts. 

Roshni looked at yuvaan with careful eyes, "Gussa ho aap? (Are you upset?)

"Nehi, bohot khush hoon! Kiten ache baat hai na. Mughe shower nehi karna padega. Free me karwa deya tumne, subah subah. (No i am over the moon, thank you for the cold showerm so early in the morning.)"

"Woh to hai (You are welcome.)" Roshni smiled and then bit her unruly tongue as she saw the glint in Yuvaan's eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with you Roshni. Maa banned you from the kitchen, remember?"