Vol.3: The meaning of freedom

Venti POV

A grin broke out as I moved quickly through the forest, Koenji just behind me and Ayanokouji wandering a little behind, the three of us having been assigned to scope out the island and find the other classes.

I tilted my head slightly as I swung, the branch barely missing my face by nothing more than an inch, a quick glance to the left allowing me to register the middle peak on the island, though that was something I wanted to check on the way back, especially since Class A seemed to have stopped by the mountain next to where we'd gotten off, making it an immediate priority.

Since it was close to the start there was no way I'd catch them claiming the point, but maybe I could find a spot to wait in eight hours from now, and hopefully see them renew it.

"Ha! Maybe I underestimated you boy!" The blonde haired dead-weight of class D shouted out.

Maybe that was harsh, he wasn't a problem before the exam, but the thirty points drop won't be nice...

"Oh?~ After Ei and Zhongli it's no wonder people wrote me off, but I have my own skills~"

A small rustle caused me to stop, I didn't think there were creatures on the island?

A small ferret came bounding across the grass and was enough to make me glance around.

Huh.

They definitely said there was no wildlife.

As long as there's no dangerous ones this could be good, maybe I could even make a bow...

However a moment later both me and Koenji ducked down as a footsteps approached.

"...you be helping us?"

"I apologise, but other than basic tasks my take on this exam opposes yours too much for us to work together, so I'll step back, I believe Sakayanagi wouldn't want me to act either."

"I suppose that makes sense... Either way I would appreciate you don't get in the way either."

"Of course, though I suggest you don't accept that deal with Ryuuen, just some advice."

"... I'll consider it."

With that the person walked away, his voice being that of baldy if I'm right...

"It's rude to eavesdrop you know."

Fuck.

"Ehe~ Sorry Zhongli!" I called awkwardly before sitting up and carrying on, a soft shake of his head being the only response from the god.

"Soooo~ You know what that meant right?"

"Ha! Of course, it's obvious that if their silly civil war is occurring even during this exam then the leader must be someone that fool trusts."

"Bingo~ It's a shame you're leaving, you're good at this." I comment playfully.

"A perfect existence such as myself has no need to prove my obvious abilities!"

"You watch anime?" I questioned curiously.

"Hm? Not particularly no. Any reason?" He responded in confusion.

"Nah, you just remind me of a character I know."

With that I parted from Koenji, a grin spreading as I glanced around before turning back towards the middle Island. My companion shaking his head before laughing loudly to himself.

Right! Let's get moving~

Horikita POV

The last dregs of my fever seemed to be dissapearing but that didn't stop the exhaustion I felt, a small yawn being picked up by Kushida who smiled gently and looked over.