Chapter 17: Theo

Kissing Nora was the most irresponsible, out of pocket shit I have ever done, but I loved it. That was probably the hottest kiss I have ever experienced. She was so responsive I almost wanted to drown in her.

Something possessed me yesterday and I had to kiss her. It was a need, like I couldn't breathe if I didn't.

That kiss has me overthinking everything. It was a simple kiss, it doesn't mean we're getting married in a week, but it feels much more than that. Her ex just tried to kill her and not a few hours later we were making out.

It is possible that she just wanted something to take her mind off of the situation that was happening and I was the closest distraction.

I really hope that isn't the case because I need to relive that kiss every day for the rest of my life. Never in my whole life have I been so stressed about a girl.

"Recount the event." Enzo said, sitting across from me in my car. "You kissed and got interrupted by the chef?"

I nod weakly, not wanting to give him any more joke material. As soon as I saw my best friend, the words just spilled from my mouth.

"Didn't you hate her guts yesterday?" He questions, probably thinking that I am bipolar.

"In my defense, she hated me too." I answer, making him lift an eyebrow.

Lorenzo shrugs. "So you're in love with her?"

Maybe it's the way my eyebrows raised or how my eyes turned into saucers that has him laughing at me. "I barely know her. I can't love her."

"Love at first sight is a thing, Theodore." He says like it's the most obvious explanation. "Have you ever read a book?"

"I have read a book and you are full of shit."

"So, are you asking her to the winter ball?" He asks, a sly smile on his face.

In response, I pinch the bridge of my nose. "I completely forgot about that thing. Mum probably bought me the suit already." To be frank, I hate school dances. The social pressure for them makes me shiver. "Nora probably doesn't know about the ball."

Enzo slapped a hand on my back. "Leave that to me. I'll make sure she gets the perfect dress while you find out how to ask her."

"Since when do you like dress shopping?"

"Since you need my help, so accept it or go dateless to the winter ball while I take Nora and dance with her all night."

"Fuck you." I groan, but I don't doubt that he would do it just to spite me. Enzo loves making me mad.

With that he opens my door and slams it as he walks towards the school. Just to make me mad, he spots Nora and Brooklyn and hugs both of them. I swear that if he wasn't my best friend he would be dead.

I stay in my car for a few more minutes. I truly want to ask Nora on a date, but I don't know what she'll say. What if she laughs at me or something. I'm over thinking this way too much, so when I see Nora in front of the school steps, I rush over to her. It's now or never.

She startles when she spots me running to her. Her blonde hair is a cute braid today and she's wearing a bit of lip gloss. I can't help but wonder what flavor. Her neck has a faint bruise, but it's barely noticeable.

"Hi, Teddy." You know, for the first time, I kind of like her calling me that. "How do you feel after yesterday?"

"Definitely better." Mum was able to disguise my bruises with some makeup, even after I fought with her about it. "I was thinking that this Saturday we could go to the movies or something."

She nodded, red taking over her cheeks. "Well actually there's this movie I've been meaning to watch so we can go together."

"Perfect." I am so pleased with myself right now. "I'll cross my front yard at 2?"
She laughs at my little joke. "Okay." She was starting to say something else but Brooklyn interrupted us.

"Nora! You won't guess who asked us to go dress shopping." By Brooklyn's expression I knew it was Lorenzo. She then noticed me and stiffened. "Oh, hi, Theo. I didn't notice you."

"No worries." I start to back away and the small peppy girl continues to ramble on.

For the first time ever, I am actually excited for a date. It has to be perfect, so I'll probably buy her a gift. Ew, I'm turning into a gentleman.