The confrontation

The party was still going on. The reception was more like a club at this time of night. Nancy took the kids home to Zak's place and put them to bed.

Zak & I were once again mingling with our friends. It was just like old times again.

"Baby, I'm going to get some fresh air. It's hot." I told Zak as I let go of his hands. He nodded and pulled me in for a kiss.
**********************************************
I walked outside with a drink. The dance floor was humid.

I saw another person standing out at the lookout on the deck where I was headed. I couldn't tell who they were.

I set my glass on the railing and looked at the view.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw who stood beside me a ways.

Jay.

I hadn't seen him in person since the day he caught me with Zak. The last time he saw me, I was crumbled to the ground begging and screaming for him to come back.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey."

There was awkward silence.

"Jay listen..." I started.

"No Evelyn. I have nothing to say to you. You're dead to me." He said as he turned to walk away.

"Jay. Hey. Wait." I yelled behind him.

"What. What do you of all people need to say to me? Haven't you hurt me enough? Once again sleeping with the one man you swore you'd never go back to? Lying to me about a baby I thought was mine? Running off and leaving your life like it was a book you could put down and come back to whenever you wanted? God, Evelyn you are so fucking selfish. You know that, right? You left me with no explanation. You lead me on. You took a painful ass knife and just twist it even deeper. You left me bleeding. You can't even imagine that hole, that hurt you left me with." Jay came storming back to me and yelled in my face.

Zak came out the back door.

"Is there a problem?" He asked.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask this fucking slut of yours." Jay yelled pointing at me.

Zak walked over to me and held me close.

"That's enough Jay." He demanded.

"No I really don't think it is. I'm finally getting to tell you the truth. The side of the story you never gave a fuck about. And hell, while I have you here too Zakie poo, why don't I tell you what your little fairytale has caused me and everyone else around you. Evelyn took off. If she left me for you, who is to say she won't do it again. You're both fucking gross. You two are perfect for each other with your loose morals. Evelyn I fucking loved you. I swore I'd never hurt you. I provided and supported the hell out of you and the baby you made me believe was mine. You can't say you never knew he was Zak's. You're a fucking liar. All the shit the fans call you, is true. What Beth says about you, is true. I see it all now."

"Jay. Stop!" Zak yelled.

"Oh Zak I'm just getting started with you pal. You are one sick fuck. You are the biggest piece of shit. You are a complete liar. Did you just knock up Evelyn constantly so she'd be too busy with the kids so you could go off and play Hugh Hefner? You're a coward. You mistreat me, your museum employees, Bacon, Aaron and Billy. We stay with your ass for the money. None of us can stand you. You're a fucking fraud." He ranted to Zak.

Zak let go of me and walked toward Jay with his fists balled up. He took a swing at Jays mouth and knocked him to the ground.

"Zak, no. Please." I pleaded.

Zak picked Jay up by the dress shirt collar. He was breathing fire. I'd never seen him so mad.

"I may be a piece of shit but I got the girl AND the kid. You're just the sad little sidekick, aren't you? And if you EVER come at me, Evelyn or any of our kids like that again, your spirit will be the next one entering the spirit realm. Got it?" He pushed Jay to the ground again.

"Come on Evelyn. Let's go say goodbye." He said as he took me in his arms again. I snuck a last look as Jay looked back at me from the ground.