Forever-Forever

{Zak's POV}

The kids all helped lay rose petals and decorate the house for Valentine's Day.

They'd all be spending the night with my Mom but I figured they could help decorate for their Mama.

"Gray, I need you to make a trail of rose petals and then make a heart out of them." I directed.

"Em, will you cut the roses and put them in a vase?" I asked her

"Ollie & Sage, I need you to cut hearts out of this paper, k?" I said as I handed them paper and kid scissors.

"Hi buddy, hi. You can watch Daddy set up his and mommy's room." I said to Dallas kissing his cheek.

I checked the clock on my phone and checked Evelyn's location. She was out running errands and would be on her way shortly.

Today is Valentine's Day. We were just going to hang out at home and have a night in. We were going to cook dinner at home, have some wine and just be together.
*************************************************
Time passes and I hear a car horn in the driveway.

"Kiiiidddds...Grandma Nan is here." I yell upstairs.

My Mom meets me at the door.

"Hi mom." I say giving her a hug with Dallas in my arms.

"Hi sweet boy. And hello Mr Dallas!" She says as she takes him from me.

"You're getting so big, huh! You're such a good boy. Grandma loves youuuu..." Nan said as she kissed Dallas' cheek.

"Hi Grandma!" Grey said as he hugged my Mom.

"Hi my special guy. How are you?" She asked.

"Bye Dad." Emery said as she walked out the door to the car.

"Bye! Bye Dad!" Ollie & Sage yelled behind them as they raced to the car.

"Hey son, Is it for reals this time? You and Ev? Like forever-forever?" My mom asked as she switched Dal to her other hip.

"Yea. For sure. Forever-forever." I assured her as I kissed her cheek.

I closed the door behind her.

"Forever-forever this time, Ev. Forever-forever." I whispered.