Third times a charm

(Zak's POV)
I knew I fucked up with the guys but I didn't know it was that bad.

Evelyn sat in the passenger seat, silent but visibly shaken.

The drive home was a quiet one as we both just kinda got the shit beat out of us emotionally the last little bit.

I reached my hand over to grab Evelyn's. She squeezed my hand and brought it to her lips and kissed it.

She leaned over the arm rest onto my shoulder and I heard her loudly sigh.

We stopped at a red light and I kissed the top of her head.
*********************************************
Once we arrived home we hugged my Mom goodbye and thanked her for putting the kids down before we got home.

We went to the bedroom and laid in bed, again, in silence with the lights off.

Nothing but the sound of our breath and the sight of the ceiling.

Evelyn reached her hand to find mine, gripping tightly.

One big exhale between the two of us.

"He's right isn't he? About me? I caused so much pain and damage to him and his family. I'm just as horrible as they say, huh?" She said with her voice starting to tremble.

"Shh. Hey. No. Ev. No. You & I made this huge mess but we had to in order to fall about and then fall back together. You find to find yourself and I had to find me. Sure, we thought we had found ourselves in other peoples beds but it didn't add up as flawlessly as you and I do or ever did." I tell her.

I roll over to face her and take her face in my hands.

"You are...my everything. My entire world. My whole being. My god, you are the light in my darkest night. Every single breath I breathe, is for you. And every heartbeat is for you. I lost you twice. I'm not gonna let that happen again. I love you. I really, really love you. You're my best friend...." I say. I let go of her face and roll over to my night stand drawer.

"Evelyn Rae Hadley, will you do me the highest honor of becoming my wife for the third and final time?" I said as I pinched her wedding ring between my fingers.

She gasped and nodded as I slid the ring on her finger. She leaned in and gave me a kiss.

We then were interrupted by Emery

"Mommy? Daddy?"

"What is it baby?" I ask her.

"There's a creepy shadow figure lady in the corner of my room and she won't leave me alone." She said