Apologies

{Zak's POV}

The guys & I gathered for the first time since the fall out at Aaron's wedding with Jay.

"You're a coward. You mistreat me, your museum employees, Bacon, Aaron and Billy. We stay with your ass for the money. None of us can stand you. You're a fucking fraud."

Jays words kept me up at night and then proceeded to ruminate in my mind all day. I don't know what I'd say to them all.

Aaron and Billy both arrived as if nothing was wrong. Jay was the one I was most worried about seeing.

We met at my office in the building next door to the museum. It was a neutral spot for us and I didn't have to worry about Evelyn or the kids being around.

"Hey what's up man?" Aaron asked as he walked in.

"Hey guys." Billy greeted Aaron & I.

"Jay coming?" I asked.

Another 5 mins pass and Jay walks in with the same smug look and stick up his ass.

"Make it quick." Jay snapped as he sat down.

I sat up, pulled my shirt collar off my neck and cleared my throat.

"Uhh. Well. I'm sure Aaron & Billy are caught up on the argument and fight we had at Aaron's wedding, yes?" I look at Jay.

He looks at me like a deer in the headlights.

"What fight?" Aaron asked.

I proceeded to tell the other two about how the fight started and ended.

"Look man, do we think you're a fraud? No. Do we stay with you for the paycheck? No. We are your best friends! We've been together since day 1. We watched you fall in love, get married, become a father, get your museum! Do we think you could treat us a little bit better & appreciate us more? Well, yeah but that's something we can work on." Billy said.

"Yeah bro. We wouldn't leave you hanging. You're not just our boss but also our best friend like Billy said. You & Jay clearly have some shit to clear up but that's between you and him. Not all 4 of us." Aaron added.

I turned in my chair to face Jay.

"Look, Jay. I'm sorry. I am so sorry for the last year. I'm so sorry for sneaking back with Evelyn behind your back. I'm so sorry that Dallas wasn't actually your son. I'm sorry for a lot of things but damn, do I owe you. You were such a good father figure for my kids. You were so so good to Evelyn too. I respect a man who can pick up pieces of someone and make a mosaic. Evelyn really loved you, she tells me often how much of a blessing you were. Jay, you're her very best friend out of the group. You've saved her when she was expecting Grayson, before I ever knew. And you saved her when I took her for granted. If she had to love someone else for a little while, I'm so glad it was you." I pleaded as I wipes my leaky eyes on my tshirt.

Jay cleared his throat.

"Zak, I wasn't entirely faithful to her either. You see, I met up with Beth on one of my solo projects. There was never a time I was with Evelyn that I didn't think of Beth. In the back of my mind, I had Beth. I did a lot of following of Beth the entire time. She was my Evelyn. It wasn't until I saw you and Ev at Aaron's wedding that I realized you and I are the same and that's when I lost it on you. Im so sorry man." Jay saying as he stood up and hugged me with tears in our eyes.

"So...now that that's out of the way...I want to discuss bringing Evelyn back to our GA crew. Her & I conducted an investigation on an entity that appeared in Emery's room one night. Turns out Emery & Grayson can both see and communicate with spirits, so that's super cool." I laid it out on the table

"Zak. Evelyn does incredible work. Look at her documentation and the angles of the camera. And your kids...dude this is insane!" Aaron said.

They watched the evidence and we decided on the newest installment into the GA series. Plans were drafted and made. Today was Valentine's Day and I couldn't think of a better time to tell Ev about her coming back to the team